Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Greg Zaun fired by Sportsnet.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Greg Zaun fired by Sportsnet.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Wow... Interesting...

If he was innocent he not comment and say no way? I have never known Zaun to not say what he is thinking when he is analyzing games. The reason that he did not comment makes me think there was proof, but that is just speculation and maybe he lawyer is a lot smarter than accounting folk like me. haha
    I would expect an official statement to be released by Zaun in the next couple days. Likely the wording of it is being scrutinized as we speak. I think it is safe to assume his lawyer has informed him it would be unwise to make a statement 'from the hip'
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I think what's happening (in a lot of cases, anyway, Zaun included) is that companies are taking advantage of this hysterical overreaction to inappropriate behaviour by canning people they wanted to can anyway... but didn't quite have a good enough reason.
    So they were just waiting for the right opportunity to come along. And Victim culture makes it easy for them.

Plus, it makes them look very impressive in the eyes of viewers for taking these matters so seriously.
    It's good for their brand and they can then find a better, less expensive, person to take Zaun's place.

I also think they only care about proof if they anticipate backlash from the person being fired. In this case, there's little doubt Zaun DID act inappropriately, so they know he's not going to launch a wrongful termination suit because he doesn't want the spotlight on himself.
    But calling him a predator is a little much. He's a jerk with no filter, but he's no predator.

We're going down a dangerous path here though. I hope people will eventually calm down and remember that due process matters.
    who called him a predator?

Dobber Sports Jedi

twitter calls a lot of people a lot of things.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I think what's happening (in a lot of cases, anyway, Zaun included) is that companies are taking advantage of this hysterical overreaction to inappropriate behaviour by canning people they wanted to can anyway... but didn't quite have a good enough reason.
    So they were just waiting for the right opportunity to come along. And Victim culture makes it easy for them.

Plus, it makes them look very impressive in the eyes of viewers for taking these matters so seriously.
    It's good for their brand and they can then find a better, less expensive, person to take Zaun's place.

I also think they only care about proof if they anticipate backlash from the person being fired. In this case, there's little doubt Zaun DID act inappropriately, so they know he's not going to launch a wrongful termination suit because he doesn't want the spotlight on himself.
    But calling him a predator is a little much. He's a jerk with no filter, but he's no predator.

We're going down a dangerous path here though. I hope people will eventually calm down and remember that due process matters.
    Spot on. I still think his lawyer sends a demand letter and this gets settled for money.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck