Thread: McLeod

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default McLeod

I've been offered Michael McLeod for what should be the 22nd and 24th picks in our rookie draft next season. Only 26 picks total so these are late and more rookies can be picked up with waivers later (although we only get 4 waiver picks a month). We have a 35 player rookie roster (<100gp) so no notables from previous years will be available. Points only. What say you?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: McLeod

That sounds like a solid deal for you. McLeod's value is likely only going up at the World Juniors where he should be one of the best players, and he's likely going to play in the NHL next season. I've never considered him to have huge upside but the guys who are available with picks #22 and #24 are unlikely to have any higher upside.

Dobber Sports Giant

As a McLeod owner, I would definitively take that deal to land him! Next year’s draft should be a good one, but McLeod should have a nice NHL career if all goes well in the next few years.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

Take McLeod. I like the way Jersey is looking and I'm thinking he eventually (sooner rather than later though) lands on the wing in the top 6. Hall, Hischer, Zacha, McLeod, Bratt, etc. Good looking top 6
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Jedi

McLeod will likely be getting NHL ice time a couple years ahead of whoever you can draft in the mid-20's of this years draft. I prefer to only wait on the sky high ceiling players.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks. Made the deal + got an extra waiver pick for December (3rd round so can take a flyer on another prospect).

Dobber Sports Giant

I wonder if they are planning on even getting him in this year with the move they just made (opened up 2 top-9 spots)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I wonder if they are planning on even getting him in this year with the move they just made (opened up 2 top-9 spots)
    He was sent back to junior, they can't get him back until after his junior season (including playoffs) is over.

And how did they open up two top-9 spots? Henrique, sure, but Blandisi was playing in the AHL.