Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: WJC risers?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: WJC risers?

I agree with most of JP's post.

I would also like to add Libor Hajek and Kale Clague as players who have stood out to me. While both may not be offensive dynamos, both kids have been rocks for their respective teams on the backend. Connor Timmins has been steady as a rock for Canada as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I would also like to add Libor Hajek and Kale Clague as players who have stood out to me. While both may not be offensive dynamos, both kids have been rocks for their respective teams on the backend. Connor Timmins has been steady as a rock for Canada as well.
    Agreed - they may not become great fantasy hockey options, at least in points-only leagues, but they should become good NHL players.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Looks like Sushko is did pretty well for Belarus and is point a game in the OHL guy doesn't even have a profile page on the main site.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Icon

I have not yet watched a single game of the World Jrs.

Can someone tell me how Tim Soderlund and Oskar Steen have looked for Sweden?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

They always stick out to me. Huge energy and speed. Don't think either have the hands to be solid producers and Soderlund is underized of course. always 3rd or 4th liners on the team.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Jedi

not sure any prospect rose in value more than Drake Batherson... that wall work to get the puck to Timmons on the point leading to the GWG... the entire play was a thing of beauty. None of it happens if Batherson can't protect the puck for that length of time like that.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Gold medal game, some quick thoughts:
    Dahin was impressive, but I think my expectations were a little high.
    Erik Bransstrom was the best defence man on Sweden that game.
    Both goalies played amazing.
    Axel Johnson (Fjallby) stood out, and not just because of the hair. Great two way forward.
    Kyrou is so dynamic with the puck - maybe my favourite player in the tournament to watch.
    Timmins and Makar are going to make a formidable blue line setup with Girard and Barrie very soon.
    Lias Anderson is NHL captain material with some maturity. No holes in his game. Maybe not the best move in the moment to be throwing away a medal, but I can understand it, and I won't hold it against him.
    Steenbergen, Raddysh and Batherson are all going to be decent scorers at any level. Maybe not carrying their own lines, but solid finishers.
    Mete looked to have his confidence back, but I still think the OHL is the best spot for him to close out the year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

The biggest climbers: Samuel Bucek-Casey Mittelstadt-Kristian Vesalainen-Cale Makar-Adam Fox

The biggest disappointments: Kailer Yamamoto and O. Juolevi.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Nuge2hall View Post
    The biggest climbers: Samuel Bucek-Casey Mittelstadt-Kristian Vesalainen-Cale Makar-Adam Fox

The biggest disappointments: Kailer Yamamoto and O. Juolevi.
    I agree with this, Vesalainen and Fox in particular looked great. Juolevi let me down too, I thought Jokiharju was the best dman for Finland. So add him to the list of climbers

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Mittlestadt and Fox for me..

Dobber Sports Stud

Going in, I was thinking Makar would use the tourney as a stepping block and then explode in next year's WJC. I figured he would look 'young' and show flashes of 'future' brilliance. But it was evident right away that he was waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of this. He's going to be deadly in the bigs.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Icon

juolevi was a disappointment i thought..Makar looks like a stud.

Dahlin is a step ahead of everybody
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Going in, I was thinking Makar would use the tourney as a stepping block and then explode in next year's WJC. I figured he would look 'young' and show flashes of 'future' brilliance. But it was evident right away that he was waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of this. He's going to be deadly in the bigs.
    Makar isn't eligible for the next tournament as he'll turn 20 before that. This was his first and only tournament. He did look good, though.

Dobber Sports Novice

Makar didn't just look good, he and Mittlestadt looked like they have the highest potential to be biggest fantasy relevant hockey players of anyone in the tournament. IMO they demonstrated elite skills that SHOULD translate into huge point totals. They are both pure offensive players that are always trying to push the attack. This is exactly the type of player you want on your fantasy team. This is not to say they are poor defensively.

Makar reminds me of Paul Coffey the way he plays and coincidentally(?) he wore #7 at the WJC's. He is so good he actually had to dumb down his passes in the WJC's as his passes were too crisp for the other players. He could have led the tourney in points quite easily even with his minimal ice time if forwards converted on a number of other great setups. Imagine if he did play top 4 minutes I am certain he would have ended up easily with more points than Mittlestadt and Necas. Once he plays in the NHL the other players will be able to keep up with him and make the right plays and bury more of the chances he creates. He is that freaking good IMO.

Mittlestadt also looked very impressive. His stickhandling in close to his body is as good as anyone I have ever seen. His passing/playmaking skills really impressed. Pullups? Who cares as he definitely looked strong on the puck to me. He actually looked pretty big out there and these days as we know size is not as important. When he learns to shoot more and also has better players to play with he will be at the top of the points leaderboard sooner than later.

Others that impressed were Tkachuk, Zadina, Necas, Bellows, Petterson, Kostin fantasy wise. I was also impressed not necessarily fantasy wise with the play of Fox, Brannstrom, Timmins, Howden. Not impressed with Yamamoto (so easy to knock off the puck) and I think most of the Canadian forwards and defence could be solid NHL players, but even guys like Kyrou, Steel and Dube are no sure things. I would project those players to be potential 2nd liners at best and not too fantasy relevent.