Thread: Dynasty League Blockbuster

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Dynasty League Blockbuster

Looking for some opinions on this trade proposal in a 31 team dynasty league that uses NHL AAV and the NHL salary cap. We dress 4 forward lines and 6 dmen each week. Stats that we count are G, A, +/-, hits, takeaways, blocked shots, PP TOI, PK TOI. We keep players until we trade them or they become UFAs in the NHL.

I have been offered TJ Oshie (8 x 5.75M), Bryan Rust (1 x 640k, RFA), Phillip Danault (1 x 912k, RFA)

for

Brandon Dubinsky (4 x $5.85M), Matt Benning (1 x $1.075M, RFA), Tyson Jost (3 x $1.6M, RFA) 2018 1st round pick (probably from a team that just misses out on the playoffs so around pick 10 with a small chance of being top 3 as we use the NHL lottery system), 2019 1st round pick (likely between 25 and 32)

Oshie would replace Dubinsky in my lineup
    Rust would replace Sissons
    Danault would replace Caggiula

Benning and Jost are currently on my farm team.

I arguably have the best team in the league right now.

My lineup
    C: Turris, RNH, Dubinsky, Sissons
    LW: Hoffman, Copp, Jaskin, Bellemare
    RW: Burns, Granlund, Johansson, Caggiula
    D: Chara, Lindholm, Larsson, Del Zotto, K Miller, J Brodin

Prospects (close to the NHL)
    F: Jost, Graovac, Jaskin, Barber, Czarnik
    D: Benning, Heed, Djoos, Soucy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Dynasty League Blockbuster

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    We keep players until we trade them or they become UFAs in the NHL.
    Does that mean you can't drop Oshie once he starts to decline? If that's the case, then Oshie's contract is toxic and I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

But even if that's not the case, giving up Jost and two 1st round picks would be too rich for me. I would want at least either Jost or that 2018 1st round pick removed from the deal. But then again, I'm not really buying Rust and Danault as significant upgrades for you.

Dobber Sports Icon

We can waive any player that we want. If no one claims them, they can go down to our minors with no cap implications. There are also always "rebuilding" teams looking to add salary to get to the salary floor.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Dubinsky offers really good value in a set up like this. Jost is going to be really good. I agree with JP, I'm not sold on either Rust or Dannault. Really I think Rust's time is limited with Sid, I'm just waiting for Sprong to arrive. Giving up two firsts. This seems way to rich for me. to basically just get Oshie.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Magnificent One

This just seems bad to me. Losing picks and jost for not any real star potential. With you having a great team already this move doesn't help much
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This is a no for me. Too much to pay in prospects for a guy who may help you a little bit this year and next. I'd expect Jost to be about even after that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Does that mean you can't drop Oshie once he starts to decline? If that's the case, then Oshie's contract is toxic and I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

But even if that's not the case, giving up Jost and two 1st round picks would be too rich for me. I would want at least either Jost or that 2018 1st round pick removed from the deal. But then again, I'm not really buying Rust and Danault as significant upgrades for you.
    ya this isn't a good trade for you.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't see the upside.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post

My first thought too. Keep Jost, or at least, one of those first round picks.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Icon

Thank you all for your opinions. A deal was finalized.

I gave up Jonas Brodin, Tyson Jost, 2018 1st for TJ Oshie and Bryan Rust. I don't care about the future anymore as I have been trying to win a championship for 15 years in this league. It's all in time for this season.