Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prospect Mailbag: November Edition

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Prospect Mailbag: November Edition

Hey team,

You all know the drill by now... it's Mailbag time!
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Prospect Mailbag: November Edition

Do you think both Glass and Suzuki can crack the Vegas lineup next season? And if so, do you see them starting at center or playing wing?

Dobber Sports Titan

Who do you expect to be the top guys and the risers at the World Juniors. Mainly thinking about the guys you would add in a keeper right before the tournament when their value spikes.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Who do you expect to be the top guys and the risers at the World Juniors. Mainly thinking about the guys you would add in a keeper right before the tournament when their value spikes.
    Great question. I'm going to hold off on it though, as I've got a whole Ramblings planned for that topic. Likely schedule it for early-December
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Veteran

What do you make of Sam Reinhart's recent struggles - is he someone you are still buying that you think can crack the 60 pt mark in the future, or do you think he's destined to be a supplementary player that bounces around the top 9 and ends up being a 40-55 pt guy.

Dobber Sports Wizard

What do you say if I told you that Hischier, Pettersson and Tolvanen will be the top three forwards from this year's draft and the latter two will be playing in the NHL next season and vying for the Calder?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What do you make of Girard's debut in Colorado? Increased TOI and PP responsabilites, yet little to no points to show for it at the time of writing.
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Jedi

I've got these guys on my watch list across a couple different leagues. I'm looking for the biggest boom with the lowest risk of bust:

Cam Dineen
    Jesper Boqvist
    Joni Ikonen
    Kole Lind

Second question: What is wrong with Maxime Fortier, who is better than a pt/gm player for the 3rd consecutive year with the Mooseheads and has played with Hischier & now Zadina, but has been passed over in two straight drafts? From the games I've seen he's not a floater and it's not his skating. His undrafted status has me baffled.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

cj smith

is he a darkhorse in buffalo.....worth a stash?
    16 team H 2 H keeper league
    keep 13 any position
    20 prospects (under 120 games)

C - Aho, Larkin, Kopitar
    LW- Laine, Teravainen, Kubalik
    RW- Kucherov, Meirer, Hoffman
    D - Josi, Karlsson
    G- Vasilevsky, Lehner

G, A, STP, GWG, SOG, PIMS, HITS +BLOCKS
    W, SO, SV%, SAVES

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I've got these guys on my watch list across a couple different leagues. I'm looking for the biggest boom with the lowest risk of bust:
    Second question: What is wrong with Maxime Fortier, who is better than a pt/gm player for the 3rd consecutive year with the Mooseheads and has played with Hischier & now Zadina, but has been passed over in two straight drafts? From the games I've seen he's not a floater and it's not his skating. His undrafted status has me baffled.
    Fortier was signed by Columbus, FYI.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

better future outlook going forward

henri jokiharju or kale clague
    16 team H 2 H keeper league
    keep 13 any position
    20 prospects (under 120 games)

C - Aho, Larkin, Kopitar
    LW- Laine, Teravainen, Kubalik
    RW- Kucherov, Meirer, Hoffman
    D - Josi, Karlsson
    G- Vasilevsky, Lehner

G, A, STP, GWG, SOG, PIMS, HITS +BLOCKS
    W, SO, SV%, SAVES

Dobber Sports Guru

Borgstrom--how is this guy gonna be?

2 points/game right now for Denver seems pretty awesome.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

Here it is, folks! Thanks for contributing. I take from here, twitter and the Keeping Karlsson base.

It was a bit a late start up on the boards here, so I'll try and quickly answer a few that didn't make the cut right now.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    What do you make of Sam Reinhart's recent struggles - is he someone you are still buying that you think can crack the 60 pt mark in the future, or do you think he's destined to be a supplementary player that bounces around the top 9 and ends up being a 40-55 pt guy.
    I still believe that Reinhart the skill to produce upwards of 60 points but deployment will always be an issue. Is he a centre? If so, he's the 3C. Does Mittelstadt or Nylander become running-mates with Eichel? If so, where does that leave SR on the wing?

The Sabres themselves are terrifically terrible and that isn't helping matters, but there will likely be moving pieces as they move on from guys like Kane and reshuffle to get some traction.

He could be a prime trade target for other teams and if that occurs, it could greatly change his outlook.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    What do you make of Girard's debut in Colorado? Increased TOI and PP responsabilites, yet little to no points to show for it at the time of writing.
    It's going to be a process for Girard but he's a stud. I've been a fan of his for awhile. Don't count on much production this year, but moving into years 2,3,4.. he's going to become a serious asset.

The Avs have him and Makar as elite offensive defense prospects - one for each side. An enviable position to be in.

Keep on, keepin' on.