Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Prospect Mailbag: November Edition

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Prospect Mailbag: November Edition

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I've got these guys on my watch list across a couple different leagues. I'm looking for the biggest boom with the lowest risk of bust:

Cam Dineen
    Jesper Boqvist
    Joni Ikonen
    Kole Lind

Second question: What is wrong with Maxime Fortier, who is better than a pt/gm player for the 3rd consecutive year with the Mooseheads and has played with Hischier & now Zadina, but has been passed over in two straight drafts? From the games I've seen he's not a floater and it's not his skating. His undrafted status has me baffled.
    I like Jesper Bratt and Kole Lind from that group. I scout Lind heavily so there may be some bias here, but he looks like a really solid bet to become at middle six contributor. Bratt has loads of skill but with a bigger bust factor.

Same goes for Ikonen.

Dineen hasn't ever really wowed me much.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellshouse View Post
    cj smith

is he a darkhorse in buffalo.....worth a stash?
    Maybe. He's had a nice slow burn in the developmental game. I'm not sure I see a big time producer at the next level, but he continues to surprise...so you never know.
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellshouse View Post
    better future outlook going forward

henri jokiharju or kale clague
    Clague may have the better pure offensive skills, but Jokiharju is a terrific all-around player. That will earn him more looks and more ice down the line. Plus, he's no slouch offensively either. He literally always has his head up and makes pro-level outlets in a hurry. I'm a fan.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Borgstrom--how is this guy gonna be?

2 points/game right now for Denver seems pretty awesome.
    I keep telling people how astonishing his development has been that last 18 or so months. It's truly been remarkable.

He's going to be a player, I'm pretty confident about that. It'll be interesting to see if he slides over to the wing and forms a deadly duo with Trocheck, or if he ends up a 3c. My money is a shift to the wing.

People should be getting excited of Borgstrom.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hi Crazy Joe,
    thanks for doing this. I know it's early but from a fantasy stand who are your favorite candidate from the 2019 draft.

You can avoid defender and goalie, so only forward.

Who have the best seeling and could it be possible to have some comparaison from a fantasy stand point with actual players (not in regard of their style but in regard of their future production).

Thanks

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Still learning View Post
    Hi Crazy Joe,
    thanks for doing this. I know it's early but from a fantasy stand who are your favorite candidate from the 2019 draft.

You can avoid defender and goalie, so only forward.

Who have the best seeling and could it be possible to have some comparaison from a fantasy stand point with actual players (not in regard of their style but in regard of their future production).

Thanks
    Jack Hughes is the premier piece heading up the 2019 class, but guys like a Ryan Suzuki, Peyton Krebs, Nolan Foote, Alex Turcott, Alex Newhook.. all have very nice offensive upsides.

It?s shaping up to be another solid class.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    I like Jesper Bratt and Kole Lind from that group. I scout Lind heavily so there may be some bias here, but he looks like a really solid bet to become at middle six contributor. Bratt has loads of skill but with a bigger bust factor.

Same goes for Ikonen.

Dineen hasn't ever really wowed me much.
    Do you mean Bratt or Boqvist? I was meaning Boqvist - The other NJ Jesper

I'll reask the 2nd question as I find it a real head scratcher:

What is wrong with Maxime Fortier, who is better than a pt/gm player for the 3rd consecutive year with the Mooseheads and has played with Hischier & now Zadina, but has been passed over in two straight drafts? From the games I've seen he's not a floater and it's not his skating. His undrafted status has me baffled.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Do you mean Bratt or Boqvist? I was meaning Boqvist - The other NJ Jesper

I'll reask the 2nd question as I find it a real head scratcher:

What is wrong with Maxime Fortier, who is better than a pt/gm player for the 3rd consecutive year with the Mooseheads and has played with Hischier & now Zadina, but has been passed over in two straight drafts? From the games I've seen he's not a floater and it's not his skating. His undrafted status has me baffled.
    I definitely mean Boqvist.

Fortier signed with CBJ after having earned a mid-round flier in each of the last two drafts but for some reason slipped through. He plays somewhat of a peripheral game and with lack of size to fight through much at the CHL-level, many believed he would only be forced the outside further as a pro. We shall see.

I had him ranked both of the last two drafts and can't give you a clear reason why he wasn't selected. He should've been. That said, I'm not convinced he'll be a productive player at the NHL-level but he's got a shot (and a contract now)

Keep on, keepin' on.