Thread: Forsberg's production this year

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Forsberg's production this year

Hi guys,

I'm looking to acquire Forsberg in a points only league. I remember someone mentioning in an old thread that Forsberg might be our next "top tier breakout" in a similar vein as Kucherov last year. This was pointed out by refering to his solid production at even strength while his power play contribution was still lacking, with a meager 9 pts last year. He thus still had room to "grow".

Fast forward to now and he seems to be thriving this year. I've been looking up Forsberg's production thus far with regards to it being sustainable long term: he has already notched 12 PPP and we are only a quarter of the season in, so everything going forward is bonus compared to last year. His PDO is at 1013, which is normal. His shooting percentage is currently at 20%, which should by all means regress to his career's 13%. His shot production per game is down from last year's 2.85shots/game to 2.61 (not much of a decrease).
    Stats: https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...forsbfi01.html

As you see, he has promising results thus far but I would like to know if you guys have some insights/opinions on him going forward. I feel like I might be trying to convince myself into buying high on him and expect him to reach at least 70pts..... but I'd really want him to reach those points totals!

Regards,
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Forsberg's production this year

Forsberg is a really good player. Like all trades it depends on the cost. Any idea what the owner would want?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Forsberg's production this year

I really like Forsberg but he is more valuable in multi-cat league than points-only (shots, hits, etc), although he is still valuable in a your format. His shooting percentage is high this year (20%) so you can expect that to drop, but he is shooting less than normal so that could balance out the luck a little bit if he picks it up. Moving forward, his floor is probably 60 while his upside is probably closer to 80; so it would't be unreasonable to treat him in this trade as acquiring a 70 point guy. The problem is that the other manager will probably be expecting to get the point-per-game value that he is currently playing as... so it may be hard to make the deal with him.
    Yahoo 2 Keeper, H2H, 14 Team | 2C, 2L, 2R, 3D, 2G, 3 Bench

G, A, PPP, PIM, S, Hits, W, SV%, Shutouts

C: McDavid, Bedard, Verhaeghe (L)
    L: E Kane, Guentzle
    R: JT Miller (C), Kyrou (C)
    D: Trouba, Carlson, Montour
    G: Talbot, Hart