Thread: Draisaitl + Klef VS Buchnevich, Domi, Barrie

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Draisaitl + Klef VS Buchnevich, Domi, Barrie

16 team Dynasty league with an identical scoring system and roster configuration to the league in my signature.

I've been offered Drai and Klef for my Buchnevich, Domi and Barrie.

I'm very high on Buchnevich and kind of low on Klef. Am I overthinking this?

Also, to give you an idea, the best available players to fill the empty slot are guys like Devante Smith Pelly, it's a very deep league so pickings are slim.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll rep thoughtful answers as always
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Draisaitl + Klef VS Buchnevich, Domi, Barrie

Drai, Klefbom, Pelley, > Buch, Domi, Barrie

Drais is the best player by a wide margin. I wouldn't overthink it too much.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Titan

Honestly I would be happy getting Klef for Buch/Domi/Barrie.
    EASY win for you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

stop thinking.

click accept.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Deal done, thanks gents. Rep all around
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agreed, great deal for you. You get best F and D.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I really think people underestimate the value of depth in these deep deep leagues. I would have kept Domi/Buch/Barrie in this case.

A real quick analysis, looking at only points gives us the following:
    Klefbom - 40
    Draisaitl - 75
    Pelly - 30
    TOTAL - 145

Barrie - 50
    Domi - 65
    Buchnevich - 55
    TOTAL - 170

Now you can argue maybe Barrie and Klef might even out at 45 (even though Barrie has a much better track record) and maybe Domi only gets 60 or Buchnevich only gets 50, but even then Domi/Buch/Barrie still win 155 to 150. I think you have more of a chance that Domi/Buch/Barrie can go 65/60/50 (175), while I really think for Klef/Drai/Pelley that 45/80/40 (165) is your best case scenario.

It's much harder to upgrade that last Pelley spot in deep leagues like this than it is in more conventional leagues because practically all the prospects are rostered and it really is just garbage on the wire.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I really think people underestimate the value of depth in these deep deep leagues. I would have kept Domi/Buch/Barrie in this case.

Klefbom - 40
    Draisaitl - 75
    Pelly - 30
    TOTAL - 145

Barrie - 50
    Domi - 65
    Buchnevich - 55
    TOTAL - 170

Now you can argue maybe Barrie and Klef might even out at 45 (even though Barrie has a much better track record) and maybe Domi only gets 60 or Buchnevich only gets 50, but even then Domi/Buch/Barrie still win 155 to 150. I think you have more of a chance that Domi/Buch/Barrie can go 65/60/50 (175), while I really think for Klef/Drai/Pelley that 45/80/40 (165) is your best case scenario.

It's much harder to upgrade that last Pelley spot in deep leagues like this than it is in more conventional leagues because practically all the prospects are rostered and it really is just garbage on the wire.
    I can't disagree with most of this. One part I would counter is the prospects. He has 14. Seems an odd number, I would assume there's a 15 prospect limit - if that's the case, he's got space for one more. If everyone has a full roster - that's 210 prospects. Also unlikely. There's also a good chance late bloomers like Heponiemi, Steenberger, Troy Terry, Cam Dineen, etc... have been overlooked and are available - if his league allows in season prospects WW moves.

I move prospects in deals like bacon in a campground. I always have a top 5 prospect roster. Most of them are replaceable. You just have to research.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post

Klefbom - 40
    Draisaitl - 75
    Pelly - 30
    TOTAL - 145

Barrie - 50
    Domi - 65
    Buchnevich - 55
    TOTAL - 170

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I can't disagree with most of this. One part I would counter is the prospects. He has 14. Seems an odd number, I would assume there's a 15 prospect limit - if that's the case, he's got space for one more. If everyone has a full roster - that's 210 prospects. Also unlikely. There's also a good chance late bloomers like Heponiemi, Steenberger, Troy Terry, Cam Dineen, etc... have been overlooked and are available - if his league allows in season prospects WW moves.

I move prospects in deals like bacon in a campground. I always have a top 5 prospect roster. Most of them are replaceable. You just have to research.
    It's not for the league in my signature but a 16 team league with the same scoring set up and roster size. I agree with a lot of what Kofax has said except I think Drai is more of an 80-85 point guy so long as he's playing alongside McDavid.

I was hesitant to make the trade because I've been burned in leagues like this before (see the one in my signature) where I end up with a very top-heavy team that fails to compete because of a lack of roster depth.

In this case I've got a very young core and a very solid prospect pool (Mittelstadt, Villardi, Yamamoto, McLoed, Kaprizov, Terry for forwards) and figured I'd eventually be able to plug the hole with a good piece. It's head to head league and my 3 year plan is to sneak into the playoffs this year and perhaps next and be a top contender by year 3.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    It's not for the league in my signature but a 16 team league with the same scoring set up and roster size. I agree with a lot of what Kofax has said except I think Drai is more of an 80-85 point guy so long as he's playing alongside McDavid.

I was hesitant to make the trade because I've been burned in leagues like this before (see the one in my signature) where I end up with a very top-heavy team that fails to compete because of a lack of roster depth.

In this case I've got a very young core and a very solid prospect pool (Mittelstadt, Villardi, Yamamoto, McLoed, Kaprizov, Terry for forwards) and figured I'd eventually be able to plug the hole with a good piece. It's head to head league and my 3 year plan is to sneak into the playoffs this year and perhaps next and be a top contender by year 3.
    And ultimately you know your team best and when you are able to make moves like this because of prospect depth. If you happen to be loaded with guys who will need to crack your roster before too long, then you can afford to overpay on a deal like this.

Dobber Sports Titan

I see Klef as a 50+ point guy, and Draisatl as a PPG minimum. So I think thats's why I'm higher on it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I see Klef as a 50+ point guy, and Draisatl as a PPG minimum. So I think thats's why I'm higher on it.
    If that ends up being the case it's a slam dunk. I worry that Klef is a square peg in a round hole on that PP unit and that they'll find someone to take his spot eventually. Hope I'm wrong now that I've made the deal!
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points