Thread: Gusev + Clague

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Gusev + Clague

For the league in my signature,

Both these prospects are currently available. Are there any in my farm team that you would drop (or try to trade, just in case someone bites) in favor of one or the other, or both?

Looking at Aho (the Swedish D from the Islanders)... less known, but he seems to be doing fine in his 1st AHL season, also much closer than the two I named. Something similar can be said of O'Regan.

Waiting time is somewhat important, but not that much.

Thanks!
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Gusev + Clague

I wouldn't bother with Gusev. Not convinced he's coming over, especially after the Shipachyov fiasco.
    Clague is pretty similar to the guys you have. Half-dozen of one, six of the other.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

there must be sexier options? Gusev is a sexy option, but he's like that online long distance relationship that keeps making excuses why you can't meet. Clague feels like the night you get frustrated go out and is the one you meet after having one too many. There must be some middle ground
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I wouldn't bother with Gusev. Not convinced he's coming over, especially after the Shipachyov fiasco.
    Clague is pretty similar to the guys you have. Half-dozen of one, six of the other.
    I'm curious what your thoughts are on Kaprizov coming over? Vegas rly screwed the pooch with Shipy, looked like the had an in on locking Gusev up when he became avaible, now he may just stay in KHL his whole career.

Think Kap will still come over to Minny? or wait til he's a FA like Panarin, or pull a Gusev (potentially) and stay in KHL?
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Check out this interview with Kaprizov from a few days ago. https://thehockeywriters.com/kirill-...wild-prospect/

He says he wants to play in the NHL but sounds sour on the Wild organisation. I liked how highly he spoke of he Leafs though. Makes me think that Lamoriello should start collecting rights to disgruntled Russian players and hope for the best. I highly doubt Gusev ever considers playing for the Knights at this point.