Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What is Boeser's worth?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: What is Boeser's worth?

waaaaay back when , a fella named Selanne was supposed to cool off too.

on a serious note , coaches will watch tape and figure out ways to defend anyone new to the league thats presenting an offensive threat

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Yeah, I was looking back at young players who had some hype coming into that particular season that had breakout years -- while trying to ignore high first round picks and focusing for a player(s) with pedigree that were big question marks.

IE - What was Forsberg's value at the 1/4 mark of his coming out season in 2015? We all knew that Forsberg was a player to watch and (maybe) try to acquire 2 years ago but he still would have been a young kid with a 'maybe' attached to him. I think Boeser of 2017 is a similar comparision.

Forsberg had 23 points in his first 23 games in 2015 after scoring 5 points in 13 games in 2014-15.
    Boeser has 21 points in his first 19 games this season after scoring 5 points in 9 games in 2016-17.
    Both players were 20 when starting their breakout season.

*Kucherov and Pastrnak have similar career tracks at the same age - not quite the mirror image of Forsberg has currently with Boeser.*

If you are looking for a real world fantasy value I think that Boeser + (something good) should be able to fetch an extremely good player with a proven track record. Boeser on his own should get a player coming back but that player is also going to have question marks attached to them.
    Thanks for the detailed analysis here. This really solidifies his worth for me at this point if Boeser's production hadn't already and also establishes my point that he is definitely worth far more than he can get in a trade right now with those same question marks you reference.

I think it makes way more sense to hold the kid in all keeper formats b/c no-one would trade a high end player straight up for this kid. If what you are saying is true, we are still in sell low territory here

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    I think it makes way more sense to hold the kid in all keeper formats b/c no-one would trade a high end player straight up for this kid. If what you are saying is true, we are still in sell low territory here
    ^^ Unless it is a cap league. A player with Boeser stats and cap hit ($925k) is so incredibly valuable. In this situation his trade value could exceed his actualy fantasy value (especially to a contending team how is in a cap crunch).
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Ace

I would have to agree that Boeser is worth more than you could get in a trade. If he's someone you can keep long term, year to year, then that goes up even higher. I think Boeser has a chance to be a 40/40 guy. So that should tell you what I think his value is and could be down the line. I haven't seen many rookies with a better shot and better at scoring. He also is a very adept playmaker. I don't think he gets enough credit in that department. I don't have him ranked far behind guys like Laine or Keller long term. I'm sure that will not be popular opinion. But I think he can be that good.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)