Thread: Poolies know more than head coaches

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Poolies know more than head coaches

One area where poolies know more than so-called "head coaches" is when it comes to the third guy on a line. Poolies always know, and draft/pick up, the third guy to compliment two stars. For example, Antoine Roussel is stagnant all year. He gets put on a line with Radulov and Benn and has a goal, 2 assists and 12 Pims. So what happens? Next game back to third line.

Administrator

Default Re: Poolies know more than head coaches

Head coaches fail in a lot of other areas, as evidenced by how frequently they're hired and fired. It's not just trigger-happy GMs and owners overreacting. A lot of coaches are not very effective.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    One area where poolies know more than so-called "head coaches" is when it comes to the third guy on a line. Poolies always know, and draft/pick up, the third guy to compliment two stars. For example, Antoine Roussel is stagnant all year. He gets put on a line with Radulov and Benn and has a goal, 2 assists and 12 Pims. So what happens? Next game back to third line.
    This proves nothing, actually. We are chasing points and ice time. So you want the guy who is getting a good situation. The issue is the coach has to decide who fits there, but not just there, on all the lines.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Head coaches fail in a lot of other areas, as evidenced by how frequently they're hired and fired. It's not just trigger-happy GMs and owners overreacting. A lot of coaches are not very effective.
    I was saying that with tongue in cheek. I do remember being upset when Maroon couldn't seem to stick with Getzlaf and Perry even though he was producing. You are right to an extent, it only stands to reason that just as there are great fantasy GMs and bad ones, there are bad GMs/coaches in real life.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Coaches are trying to balance a team. We are trying to pick individuals. It?s not as cut and dry as the op states (I?m sure he knows that). In our minds ya, it?d be great to stick a guy on the top line if it helps his numbers but that?s not always what?s best for the team.

We don?t know more than nhl coaches. There?s a reason they are nhl level coaches.