Thread: Schenn of Voracek?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Schenn of Voracek?

Between the two, who would you choose?
    Schenn (26 yrs old) VS Voracek (28 yrs old)
    ROS and the next 3-5 years?
    In a Points only keeper

As always, Thanks guys!
    12 teams Points only Keeper league
    No positional requirement for forwards
    12F, 6D, 2G weekly

F: Giroux, Kopitar, Voracek, Pat Kane, Kessel, Hall, Pacioretty, Turris, Schwartz, Wheeler, Granlund, Nolan Patrick, Zibanejad, Fiala, Debrusk, Nichushkin, Baertschi, Andrighetto
    D: Letang, Josi, Klingberg, Rielly, Klefbom, Orlov, de Haan, Murphy, Bigras
    G: Rask, Quick

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Schenn of Voracek?

In points-only, I'd go with Voracek. But it's close.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I prefer Voracek. He has proven he can score 80 in a season... Schenn has not. And only 2 year age difference... not enough for me.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think Voracek for me as well. The key here being points only league.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Sage

Voracek scored 80 one time three years ago. Since then he's gone 55 and 61. Last season he and Giroux started super hot and then disappeared.

Schenn has put up 59 and 55 in the lasst two years with less than optimal usage.

Schenns situation and line mates have improved substantially where Voracek has stayed the same. Schenn is in his prime production years where Voracek is coming out of them.

I think st louis is a better team than Philly and that Tarasenko is a better player driver than Giroux.

Both have started great and it could be very close but I'm taking Schenn for this year and the next 3-5.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Voracek scored 80 one time three years ago. Since then he's gone 55 and 61. Last season he and Giroux started super hot and then disappeared.

Schenn has put up 59 and 55 in the lasst two years with less than optimal usage.

Schenns situation and line mates have improved substantially where Voracek has stayed the same. Schenn is in his prime production years where Voracek is coming out of them.

I think st louis is a better team than Philly and that Tarasenko is a better player driver than Giroux.

Both have started great and it could be very close but I'm taking Schenn for this year and the next 3-5.
    ^^Definitely Schenn for me too from here on.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Are you guys blind!??? Schenn without question... 30 points with 60 games to play? Centering Tarasenko? What else do you guys need to see? In the offseason I read a very interesting Dobber post that called this and for that reason I kept Schenn as one of my keepers instead of some other very good options. I am very happy I read that post and Yes, I would've kept him over Voracek also - but I'm also in a bangers league and Voracek has less hits in his career than Schenn had last season

Dobber Sports Immortal

I like Schenn here. As someone said above....Voracek had one elite year. Otherwise he's been a middling 60 pointer guy at best. To be honest I would have considered Schenn even before his move to STL.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks guys!

I like both players but I will go hard on Schenn!
    Your comments confirmed my thoughts.
    12 teams Points only Keeper league
    No positional requirement for forwards
    12F, 6D, 2G weekly

F: Giroux, Kopitar, Voracek, Pat Kane, Kessel, Hall, Pacioretty, Turris, Schwartz, Wheeler, Granlund, Nolan Patrick, Zibanejad, Fiala, Debrusk, Nichushkin, Baertschi, Andrighetto
    D: Letang, Josi, Klingberg, Rielly, Klefbom, Orlov, de Haan, Murphy, Bigras
    G: Rask, Quick

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    Are you guys blind!??? Schenn without question... 30 points with 60 games to play? Centering Tarasenko? What else do you guys need to see? In the offseason I read a very interesting Dobber post that called this and for that reason I kept Schenn as one of my keepers instead of some other very good options. I am very happy I read that post and Yes, I would've kept him over Voracek also - but I'm also in a bangers league and Voracek has less hits in his career than Schenn had last season
    Schenn definitely in multi-cat leagues but this question was for points-only.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    I wonder if it still seems so crazy to take Voracek over Schenn since Voracek has 49 points in 41 games while Schenn has 42 points in 44 games? Over 82 games, that would equal to 98 points vs 78 points.

I just remembered this thread when watching the STL @ PHI game, so I wanted to check if people still feel so strongly about Schenn. And please remember that this was about points-only as it's a completely different story in multi-cat leagues.