Thread: Haapala called up!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Haapala called up!

https://twitter.com/mdefranks/status/933355221488685056

What do you guys think of this guy? He didn't exactly light it up in the minors... Playing along side Trochek tonight. Doesn't have much competition for top 6 minutes.
    Year-long points pool (G/A, hat trick, W, SO). Keep top 6 players out of 16.

G: R. Lehner, B. Elliot

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Haapala called up!

He had some injury troubles in the AHL, so I think that affected his numbers there. Injuries have been a big problem for him for a long time, so that's something to keep an eye on.

He's a very talented playmaker, so hopefully Trocheck and Bjugstad can finish some plays he's probably going to make. I really hope they give him PP time as well to put him in a position to succeed.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hopefully he can make something happen. Looks like he's on thin ice: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ho...d-to-big-club/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ajcormier View Post
    Hopefully he can make something happen. Looks like he's on thin ice: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ho...d-to-big-club/
    I can't recommend taking anything from CBS Spots seriously. They don't seem to know a lot about hockey from what I've seen. EDIT: Actually, they're just taking these from RotoWire which is just as bad.

When looking at the Panthers lineup, there's room for Haapala if he's playing well enough to stay. Vrbata can push Sceviour down to 4th line and replace Haley in the lineup, and MacKenzie replaces Balisy. I don't see any problems with that.

JONATHAN HUBERDEAU ALEKSANDER BARKOV EVGENII DADONOV
    HENRIK HAAPALA VINCENT TROCHECK NICK BJUGSTAD
    JAMIE MCGINN JARED MCCANN COLTON SCEVIOUR
    CONNOR BRICKLEY CHASE BALISY MICHEAL HALEY

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I can't recommend taking anything from CBS Spots seriously. They don't seem to know a lot about hockey from what I've seen. EDIT: Actually, they're just taking these from RotoWire which is just as bad.

When looking at the Panthers lineup, there's room for Haapala if he's playing well enough to stay. Vrbata can push Sceviour down to 4th line and replace Haley in the lineup, and MacKenzie replaces Balisy. I don't see any problems with that.

JONATHAN HUBERDEAU ALEKSANDER BARKOV EVGENII DADONOV
    HENRIK HAAPALA VINCENT TROCHECK NICK BJUGSTAD
    JAMIE MCGINN JARED MCCANN COLTON SCEVIOUR
    CONNOR BRICKLEY CHASE BALISY MICHEAL HALEY
    I completely agree. Lets hope he learned a bit about the physicality of the NA league. It would be a shame to have a M. Granlund type entrance to the NHL. Guy has talent, but who knows if the small rink and huge hits will jar him.