Thread: Lee vs. Couture - who ya got?

The Great One

Default Lee vs. Couture - who ya got?

As noted in the column (http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...logan-couture/) here's a match-up no one would've seen coming this time last season, yet now these players seemed ripe for battle.

Is Lee indeed an overachieving "mule" as I (well, as the data) has labeled him? Or, despite his size, can he be a complete forward and top scorer ala a John LeClair? As for Couture, is he responding to the realization that he's now "the guy" in San Jose due to the aging of Pavelski and Thornton? Can he manage to put everything together for a first 70 point season, especially with the team around him apparently starting to decline?

Let's hear what you think. Give the column a read and come back here to discuss.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Lee vs. Couture - who ya got?

Interesting numbers behind Lee, but I would still take him over Couture in points formats. His shot rates with a higher conversion percentage mean he doesn't even need to put up 30+ assists to hit 60 points. Lee was a multi-sport athlete in college, and could have gone pro in three different sports. I think it was hockey, football and baseball. So the label as a mule I think might be stretching it a little, as he does have the athleticism to thriven other ways when just the net-crashing isn't working. Add in that Tavares is centring him, with some decent chemistry there, and it's a package I'm riding the wave on instead of selling high.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Lee vs. Couture - who ya got?

Lee without a doubt. Couture has always disappointed and I don't see that changing. You'd have to take Couture at a real bargain for him to be worth it IMO