Thread: Would you dangle E. Kane, Schenn to Acquire Burns/Crosby?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Would you dangle E. Kane, Schenn to Acquire Burns/Crosby?

TL;DR: These are the most valuable players on my team. Kane is 3rd in FP in my league, Schenn is 7th. My FHG rankings had pre-season projections of them at 19th and 10th repsectively, with Burns and Crosby being #1 and 4. For scoring breakdown, this is the 2nd league in my sig

For the longer story, I feel pressed to make moves so I can try to compete in the league I'm in. I'm in second place (5-1-0) but I already feel like it's a long shot to beat the first place team (5-0-1). I wish it was because it was a highly competitive league, but unfortunately it's the exact opposite. Players lower in the standings are giving the #1 team favorable trades (acquired Price, Karlsson, Seguin, Panarin for Dubnyk, Benn, Gostisbere, Oshie in two trades) and he already has an insane team from draft (Stamkos, Kucherov, Schwartz, Pastrnak). My team has been doing great, with lots of multi-cat stars. I've even been on a winning streak with Ristolainen and Marchand injured. But this is somewhat disheartening to me. If I was a team that was interested in winning the league, I would be making the top team way overpay for the players they were interested in.

H2H Points - 10 Team
    G:3/A:2/PIM:0.5/PPP:1/SHP:1/SOG:0.4 +/-: 1
    W:4/GA:-1/SV:0.2/SHO:2

C: Stamkos, Aho, Larkin
    LW: Connor, Huberdeau, Benn (C), Marchessault (C)
    RW: Keller(LW), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Yandle, Werenski, Hamilton, Muzzin
    G: Vasilevskiy, Dubnyk, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Would you dangle E. Kane, Schenn to Acquire Burns/Crosby?

It's really hard to trade hot players (Schenn and Kane) but if you can stomach it I'd do it... The regression will go in opposite directions for your side vs his when it comes. For a 1 year league if you do this you gotta hope it comes before Christmas and not next September... I think with the caliber of player you're receiving that it should.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Veteran

I used B.Schenn and P.Kane to land McDavid and Draistal a couple weeks ago.....didn't think Schenn would continue to be hot fire, but still happy.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Schenn cannot continue at this torrid pace. However I drafted him based on dobber hockey fantasy guide which had him as potential big year candidate if he got to play with Tarasenko. I think he can finish with 80 pts. I also have Burns (1st overall pick) and I am very concerned. Crosby can go on some torrid scoring.

That being said since you are in H2H and want to roll the dice to win it all I would say yes do the deal.

One year league yahoo 9 teams
    weekly lineup with active players and benched players

P Cats: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHG,SHA
    G Cats: W, SV, SHO

F: Rantanen, Barkov, Guentzel, Eichel, Necas, Larkin,
    D: Hedman, Burns, Hamilton, Krug
    G: Andersson
    Bench F: Lehkonen, Stone, Toffoli
    Bench D: Byram, Lindholm
    Bench G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you look at the stats you will say Schenn cannot sustain this performance. Don't forget though Schenn is a great player who was improperly used in Philly and now plays with one of the best snipers in the NHL on one of the best lines. You gotta be crazy to trade a guy having a career year. Burns doesn't look good. Don't look at the numbers, watch the games see how they're playing.

Crosby is going for another cup, he's not going to light up the league in scoring this season. He knows how to pace himself. Kane is in a contract year, and will have a big year. Definitely keep Schenn & Kane. No brainer.