Thread: Skinner or Aho?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Skinner or Aho?

I'm struggling with the decision of whether to drop SKinner for Aho in a Yahoo multi-cat league. Advantage toward goal scoring because we count GWG and SH%. Aho is appealing because of his current even strength and PP usage. SKinner's current even strength and PP usage is not currently as favorable, but he's a proven goal scorer who is still generating a lot of shots.
    I'm twisting my head around on this decision, so any other objective perspective is appreciated!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Skinner or Aho?

Welcome to the forums!
    I like Skinner a touch more myself. Though I'm wondering if there's another deciding factor somewhere? Maybe positions matter, or if the league is a keeper, or something along those lines.

The more info we have the better
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

Skinner is a shooter, 30 goal scorer. Aho is more talented and has the potential to outpoint (not necessarily outscore) Skinner. Pretty even if you ask me, but if goals are worth more than I would lean towards Skinner.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If you can wait a little bit more to see if the Aho trend is going to continue. Wait one more week then make your decision. But ready to have some scoring slumps with Aho as with all the Carolina players.

One year league yahoo 9 teams
    weekly lineup with active players and benched players

P Cats: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHG,SHA
    G Cats: W, SV, SHO

F: Rantanen, Barkov, Guentzel, Eichel, Necas, Larkin,
    D: Hedman, Burns, Hamilton, Krug
    G: Andersson
    Bench F: Lehkonen, Stone, Toffoli
    Bench D: Byram, Lindholm
    Bench G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the responses so far! It's a one year H2H Yahoo league. I'm leaning toward keeping Skinner for now since goals are more valuable in my league and Aho's favorable usage at even strength and PP may not be consistent. But his talent, current hot streak and multi-position eligibility sure make it a tough, marginal decision. I doubt he'll be on the wire for long, but certainly worth considering.