Thread: Buchnevich, Barzal, Pavelski, Nino. Who's the right pick up for my goals pool?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Buchnevich, Barzal, Pavelski, Nino. Who's the right pick up for my goals pool?

15 team, one year league, no positional requirements, 2 pts/goal, 1 pt/assist.
    I have to pick one of the following for the rest of the season:

Buchnevich - 24 pts (using our scoring system), 1.14 ppg. 1st line and PP, what's not to like
    Barzal - 23 pts, 1.15 ppg. 2nd line chemistry with Eberle. 1st line PP. Love the kid, but rookies tend to drop off 2nd half?
    Nino - 15ps, 1.07 ppg. 1st line and PP. Seems to be scoring a goal every game now. Leaning towards him.
    Pavelski - just got dropped. Injuries this year seem to be an issue, but he is a goals pool stud.

What does the Dobber community say?
    tks.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Buchnevich, Barzal, Pavelski, Nino. Who's the right pick up for my goals pool?

Pick up PAvelski... wow... he should never have been dropped!!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Buchnevich, Barzal, Pavelski, Nino. Who's the right pick up for my goals pool?

I wish I didn't own Pavelski in two leagues so that I could either buy low on him or in your case, pick him up off the WW. He's slumping hard and is playing injured but if you can get him for free you've gotta do it.
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%

3C: A.Barkov, S.Bennett, V.Trocheck, W.Karlsson, J.Eriksson Ek, J.McCann, P.Danault, T.Johnson
    3LW: A.Ovechkin, A.Svechnikov, T.Toffoli, V.Arvidsson
    3RW: P.Kane, B.Wheeler, B.Rust
    5D: R.Josi, J.Chychrun, M.Weegar, T.Chabot, R.Dahlin, R.Ristolainen, C.Murphy
    2G: F.Andersen, J.Binnington, C.Peterson
    2IR+: N.Bäckström

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Pavelski looks slow and not very good this season.
    Barzal looks incredible. Smart, end to end rushes, finds guys open all the time.
    Nino & Buch both look great. I imagine they will be streaky all season but overall produce good results.

Rookies used to drop off in the old days, now these are fitness machines. Matthews/Laine last year did not stop. The rookies won't drop off anymore like they used to. I would grab Barzal, he's going to score 70 points behind Tavares getting 90. Or they could both get more.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by BenTrovato View Post
    Pavelski looks slow and not very good this season.
    Barzal looks incredible. Smart, end to end rushes, finds guys open all the time.
    Nino & Buch both look great. I imagine they will be streaky all season but overall produce good results.

Rookies used to drop off in the old days, now these are fitness machines. Matthews/Laine last year did not stop. The rookies won't drop off anymore like they used to. I would grab Barzal, he's going to score 70 points behind Tavares getting 90. Or they could both get more.
    I think B.T. is on the right track. this will be my only drop for the rest of the season, and I can't take the chance and have Pavelski go on the IR. I think Barzal is the first pick, followed by Nino. Both are getting firm 1st line PP toi, and I think the Isle are finally on the way up.