Thread: Need advice.. Trading for a new D (Keeper League)

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Need advice.. Trading for a new D (Keeper League)

Currently shopping for a new goalie and decided I should look for another defenseman to add to my team as well. We start 6 defensemen. 10 team Lifetime league, points only (1G 1A). I have the option of either Goligoski, Vatanen or Maatta. I recently blew my team up and went way younger, therefore its hard for me to consider Goligoski being 32, but isn't completely ruled out. Maatta feels like too much of a risk for me, but who knows... I could be wrong. I'm mostly leaning towards Vatanen being 26, but last season, the injury and the depth the Ducks have on defense makes me wonder if it's worth doing a deal for any of these guys at all. I'd mostly be trading picks away for one of these guys. What do you guys think? Im not in desperation mode, but could really use another defenseman. If the deal isn't right I'm not gonna bother, but would like to see what others think!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Need advice.. Trading for a new D (Keeper League)

Out of those three I would go with Vatanen.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Need advice.. Trading for a new D (Keeper League)

I'm not in love with any of the 3 but in a rebuild vatanen I agree with you that vatanen is the right choice.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):