Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ROS - Lundqvist or Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default ROS - Lundqvist or Hellebuyck

W/GAA/SV%/SO

Trying to decide who's the one to keep for ROS.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: ROS - Lundqvist or Hellebuyck

I would select Hellebuyck - but really close as their is always a chance Mason takes back over for a stretch if/when Hellebuyck has a few bad outings. Also depends on your team - who else do you have in Net? If this is your #2 goalie - than this makes selecting Hellebuyck even easier...
    Scooter
    -------------------------------------------------
    C - Hughes (C/LW), Mackinnon (C), Ek (C),
    LW - Stutzle (LW), Raymond (LW/RW), Joshua (C/LW)
    RW - Rantanen (RW), Giouroux (C/RW). Bjorkstrand (RW), Mantha (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Makar, Seider, L Hughes, Matheson, Faber
    G - Saros, Levi, Luukkonen
    IR -
    -------------------------------------------------
    12 team league - 19 on Roster (+4 IR)
    8 keepers, 5 bench, Weekly H2H league,
    11 cat's G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,PIM,GWG,Hits & W,SV%,GAA
    2 Start at C, LW,RW and G and 4 D.
    55 Moves Regular Season (re-set to 8 for Play-Offs)
    Daily Line-Up Changes[/SIZE][/FONT]

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by IngeTheHammerStrom View Post
    I would select Hellebuyck - but really close as their is always a chance Mason takes back over for a stretch if/when Hellebuyck has a few bad outings. Also depends on your team - who else do you have in Net? If this is your #2 goalie - than this makes selecting Hellebuyck even easier...
    Same questions from me. Lundqvist has turned things around quite a bit but depending on your situation....Im probably down for Hellyy.

Dobber Sports Rookie

This is my #2 goalie - I have Dubnyk as my other goalie.

I think I can possibly trade one of them for Hedman (been also considering Kuznetsov since I have a decent D corps. Adding Hedman would make streaming a dman harder), so debating which one I should keep.

Dobber Sports Sage

Helle over Lundquist for me. It is close though so if you can get better return for Helle I'd likely do it.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Rookie

UPDATE - Had a real hard time deciding between the two but going to end up trading Lundqvist.. Hope Hellebuyck keeps it up for the rest of the year!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Feeling like I made the wrong choice so far.. Helle has been awful this month and Lundqvist has been continuing his solid play

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by nofe View Post
    Feeling like I made the wrong choice so far.. Helle has been awful this month and Lundqvist has been continuing his solid play
    How’s helle’s shutout feel tonight ? All goalies have ups and downs. I want helle. Not close.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Lund for me I think. especially listening to the last "Keeping Karlsson Podcast" and reflecting on Helle's recent dip in performance (sans last night) and the return of Mason, I feel like Lund will get more starts and is a more proven tendy. Too each his own though.
    10 team H2H points league (keep 4) - G, A, P, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GA, SV, SHO
    C - Draisatl (c/w), Seguin (c/w), Aho, Couturier, Backstrom, Lindholm (c/w), Monahan
    W - P Kane, Hall, Wilson, E Kane, Dvorak, Lee
    D - Burns, McCavoy, Chabot, Werenski, Dahlin
    G - Vanacek, Merzlikins

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by fraser94 View Post
    Lund for me I think. especially listening to the last "Keeping Karlsson Podcast" and reflecting on Helle's recent dip in performance (sans last night) and the return of Mason, I feel like Lund will get more starts and is a more proven tendy. Too each his own though.
    no doubt Lundy is the more proven G... but the Jets themselves are just short of juggernaut -- more likely to win those 6-4 games than NYR are..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    no doubt Lundy is the more proven G... but the Jets themselves are just short of juggernaut -- more likely to win those 6-4 games than NYR are..
    Point taken! Goalie predictions can be a pain in the a** I find.
    10 team H2H points league (keep 4) - G, A, P, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GA, SV, SHO
    C - Draisatl (c/w), Seguin (c/w), Aho, Couturier, Backstrom, Lindholm (c/w), Monahan
    W - P Kane, Hall, Wilson, E Kane, Dvorak, Lee
    D - Burns, McCavoy, Chabot, Werenski, Dahlin
    G - Vanacek, Merzlikins

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by fraser94 View Post
    Point taken! Goalie predictions can be a pain in the a** I find.
    I agree... look no further than my last 5 responses to 'who to start' threads... nailed one like a gypsy looking in to a crystal ball... so far off on the other ones, I might have suggested starting Brett Favre.

Dobber Sports Rookie

The SO was definitely nice. At this point both goalie's season stat lines are almost identical to each other.

Lundqvist had a bad first month, Helle a bad last month.

Lundqvist is going to continue to get his starts for a playoff bubble team.
    Helle is going to be battling for starts with Mason down the stretch for a borderline top team.

Pros and cons, pros and cons.

When I initially made this post, Helle seemed like the good bet. Now that he's had a rough month, his status as a bonafide #1 on the Jets becomes less clear to me.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by nofe View Post
    The SO was definitely nice. At this point both goalie's season stat lines are almost identical to each other.

Lundqvist had a bad first month, Helle a bad last month.

Lundqvist is going to continue to get his starts for a playoff bubble team.
    Helle is going to be battling for starts with Mason down the stretch for a borderline top team.

Pros and cons, pros and cons.

When I initially made this post, Helle seemed like the good bet. Now that he's had a rough month, his status as a bonafide #1 on the Jets becomes less clear to me.
    take a look at some of Lundqvist's bad months over the past 5 years... there's been sub .850 svpct mths... one poor month doesn't reduce Helle's overall value. Allen is another example, sub .800 last year for over a month - so bad they 'rested' him

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    take a look at some of Lundqvist's bad months over the past 5 years... there's been sub .850 svpct mths... one poor month doesn't reduce Helle's overall value. Allen is another example, sub .800 last year for over a month - so bad they 'rested' him
    Fair enough. This is my first year playing fantasy hockey since 2012-2013, so I admit I'm a little quick to judge.

The only fear is that if Helle stinks it up, Mason is waiting in the wings whilst no one is going to challenge Hank on the Rangers.

To complicate things I now have Rinne and the Jets/Preds play each other during the playoff weeks. After last night, it's going to be fun to stress out during that week!