Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Radko Gudas suspended 10 games

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Radko Gudas suspended 10 games

NEW YORK - Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Radko Gudas has been suspended for 10 games, without pay, for slashing Winnipeg Jets forward Mathieu Perreault during NHL Game No. 284 in Winnipeg on Thursday, Nov. 16, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.The incident occurred at 9:50 of the first period. Gudas was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for slashing.

Gudas is considered a repeat offender under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and, based on his average annual salary, will forfeit $408,536.60. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.
    https://www.nhl.com/news/flyers-radk...es/c-293156150

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Radko Gudas suspended 10 games

This is very nice to see. Repeat offenders should be punished. If he doesn't learn from this, give him 20 games next time. But I'm guessing losing $400k will teach him a thing or two already.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I was at the game... originally he was only getting a 2 Min Penalty called.

Dobber Sports Master

Like so many before him, he will eventually play himself out of the league..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Padawan

This is baked right into his value when you draft him... you KNOW this is coming and you hope its only once this year.

He has the potential to be a great dman in the league if he can stop coming off the rails

Dobber Sports Genius

This suspension sounds about right. What a senseless, reckless act.

The Magnificent One

Seems like a ton of suspensions this week. But this one is so the wrong call! Don't get me wrong I'm happy he got 10 games and loses 400k but I think he should have gotten more. Maybe even the whole season if not a full on ban. I mean this was just one dirty dirty play. He litterly did it down on his head/kneck
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Great One

I've always thought, for fantasy purposes, that for every game a player is suspended they should get credited with 60 PIMS!!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I've always thought, for fantasy purposes, that for every game a player is suspended they should get credited with 60 PIMS!!
    And I think PIM should be considered a negative stat, so whoever has more PIM loses that stat. In that case, I would be totally fine giving suspended players 60 PIM per game.

Administrator

Meh, this is fantasy hockey, not real hockey. It's up to the commissioners to decide if they want PIM to be a positive or negative.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

The good thing tho is this has been the only real dangerous play/hit all yr and we're ~25% through the yr. and it's Gudas....so like we expect this to happen, so the actual smart players have learned.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The good thing tho is this has been the only real dangerous play/hit all yr and we're ~25% through the yr. and it's Gudas....so like we expect this to happen, so the actual smart players have learned.
    Perhaps. The bigger concern would be that not all GMs have learned and a clown like this still has an NHL job...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ninja

What a dirty play. Kinda hard to deny he intended to strike Perreault on or around the head. I'm on the fence with 10 games being enough. I think in today's game, that could be a 20 game message, but whatever, it's the NHL DOPS, where the S is for Salary.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    What a dirty play. Kinda hard to deny he intended to strike Perreault on or around the head. I'm on the fence with 10 games being enough. I think in today's game, that could be a 20 game message, but whatever, it's the NHL DOPS, where the S is for Salary.
    With his history in mind, 20 games would have been better. But 10 games is better than 3 or 4 which is what he probably would have received without the history.

At least he hit him directly on the helmet instead of hitting the neck area. You could kill a guy with a hockey stick to the neck.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Who woulda thunk that Gudas was this important to the Flyers.... have not won a game since he was suspended.