Thread: What to do with Petr Mrazek???

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default What to do with Petr Mrazek???

What is Mrazek's long term outlook? At one point 2 years ago this guy looked like an elite NHL starter. Now....
    If it weren't for the shut out against the Oilers in his 4th start of the year his numbers would be horrific. So, what is the future?
    In a fairly deep keeper where Goalies have considerable value I hate to part company with a guy that's ranked 30th and at one point had such great promise, but, I'm not seeing anything that indicates that he doesn't fall to 40th with the next set of rankings and I am definitely second guessing as to whether Mrazek can be at least a tier 2 goalie in this league. So, hopefully some of you have evaluated the situation and have an opinion. Right now, I am seriously considering cutting bait.

Currently I have Andersen and Darling as my starters with Saros and Mrazek on the bench. If I decided to stay with 4 tenders my best free agent option is Khubodin.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: What to do with Petr Mrazek???

First of all, what you have is better than Khodobin. Mrazek will get his chances, but until Jimmy Howard melts down, he won't get many starts.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Wizard

He's the backup on a team that's not very good. Next summer, he needs to find himself a new team (there's no way Detroit offers him a qualifying offer at $4.15M, so he becomes UFA) but I doubt he finds more than backup jobs anyways.

Maybe see if someone still believes in him and you can get something in a trade. But if your next best option is Khudobin, I might still hold on to Mrazek just in case. Maybe he gets hot for a while and you can flip him then.

Dobber Sports Master

pretty much what JP says .

I own him in a dynasty on a last place team so I'm just hoping for the best in 2018 offseason and will simply be satisfied with what stats I can get this year until then.

I think he's talented enough to find work to re-establish his value ; especially if he's willing to take a haircut in pay next year .

from an islanders pov , I think he'd be a good fit to partner with Greiss X 2 seasons while the likes of Soderstrom/Sorokin situations sort out .

Dobber Sports Deity

Mrazek definitely needs a new home but not sure there's another team who's going to give him the starting role anytime soon. He needs a change of scenery and then hope he can figure out what's gone so wrong for him and he can bounce back.

As it stands right now, his value is in the toilet, both in fantasy circles and in real life.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Thanks guys, a smallish number of replies but I don't think the opinion will change, we seem pretty much agreed that Mrazek's value is in the tank and that that is not going to change anytime soon, perhaps not at all. I don't think I'll regret moving on....good luck Petr (:

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Thanks guys, a smallish number of replies but I don't think the opinion will change, we seem pretty much agreed that Mrazek's value is in the tank and that that is not going to change anytime soon, perhaps not at all. I don't think I'll regret moving on....good luck Petr (:
    Dubnyks value at one point was actually even worse than Mrazeks so I'd be careful if goalies are hard to come by in your league

The Great One

I’d keep him - issues haven’t all been on the ice though as his attitude was also questioned through the Summer. Truth is he’s potentially in a good spot as Howard is hardly the epitome of health but he needs to take the chance to do something if it comes
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I had Mrazek as my dynasty backup behind Holtby for a few years, but decide to move on to Andersen once he moved to Toronto.

I think Mrazek is quite talented, and is better than a number of starting goalies in the league. I expected him to be in Vegas, but that team botched the expansion draft badly. ( I know they are winning, but they are all about managing assets, and have had some turn into nothing or less than nothing, due to mismanagement).

I'd be very happy to see him on the Flyers next season, and I think he's much better than Khudobin. If you want to cut him , and just roll with Saros as a 3rd, that may work, but Saros is in the AHL now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Thanks guys. I was wondering what would happen when Mrazek hit the FA market; answer....nothing. I was pretty sure no one was interested in him, I couldn't trade him for a bag of pucks, seems the other GM's really do have the same opinion as me, he's not been picked up. I agree he bears watching, so we'll see what happens but if he has a future it is not likely in Motor City.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops