Thread: D-men trade offers

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default D-men trade offers

For the league in my signature, so baxically a points only league, except d-men goals are worth 2 instead of 1 (note : SHOG means shootout goals, NOT shots)

Another GM has offered me McDonagh and my choice of Colin Miller or Nate Schmidt for my Ekman-Larsson.

My gut tells me that this is the old quantity vs quality scam and I should decline, but on the other hand, OEL isn't producing like we're used to seeing him do (plus I remember reading someone's post on these boards saying that he didn't really seem like himself). What do you guys think?

Ekman-Larsson costs 25$ (so 30 if I want to keep him next year)

McDonagh costs 15

Miller and Schmidt cost 0 so would only cost 5$ to keep next year.

Usually, top defensemen cost around 40-45$ (in case the financial/keeper aspect changes anything)

The other guy also has Muzzin (10$), should I counter and ask for Muzzin?

Thanks!
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: D-men trade offers

I think OEL is the best d man mentioned. Muzzin is probably the best value. I'm not sold on McDonagh although he has looked pretty good.

What would you be able to do with the extra money?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    What would you be able to do with the extra money?
    Technically, it gives me more space on my 200$ salary cap, although I'm not really close at 145$ as of now. If I keep a player (at 5$ more than this year), then it gives me that much less money to spend at the auction next year. (150$ to buy your main roster, keepers included). So if I keep OEL, he'll take up 30$ next year, leaving me with 120$ (minus my other keepers) to buy the rest of my team. The goal with keepers is to try to keep the players that give you the biggest bargains relative to what they would cost at auction (So Nylander and Keller are no-brainer keepers, Bobrovsky is pretty much as well, seeing as how top goalies go for around 20-25$).

Dobber Sports Sage

Seeing as the cap space doesn't help you now I see no reason to make the deal. Your gut is right this is quantity vs quality.

You have a ton of room already that you aren't using. I'd be more inclined to target a star that might be underperforming but has a big cap hit this year and might be a burden to the owner (maybe Crosby although he's picked it up the last few games. Burns might be another one). Interesting format with 4 keepers.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Seeing as the cap space doesn't help you now I see no reason to make the deal. Your gut is right this is quantity vs quality.

You have a ton of room already that you aren't using. I'd be more inclined to target a star that might be underperforming but has a big cap hit this year and might be a burden to the owner (maybe Crosby although he's picked it up the last few games. Burns might be another one). Interesting format with 4 keepers.
    Crosby would NOT fit in my salary cap, he went for 70$ at the auction this year. Already tried Burns (and a heck of a lot of other good offensive d-men, seeing as how that is my main weakness) and no one is biting.

Starting to feel as though this is the team I'll have to put forth until the end of the season lol.