Thread: Trade Opinon / Eichel & Vaselevskiy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trade Opinon / Eichel & Vaselevskiy

I was offered a deal the other day:
    HIS Lehner / Eichel / Burns for MY Zibanejad / Dumba / Vasilevskiy

League Stats: G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT; HTH league, i'm in 1st of 14. (It's a KEEP 6 league; 1 has to be sub 150GP (100GP as a goalie))

I wasn't keen on moving vas or a very good all around Zib.... but I have high end goal tending and i'm first in the 14 team pool by a solid lead.
    Obviously burns and eichel are under performing at the moment... I don't trust lehner so a team with bad goaltending has asked for lehner off me if i acquire him (he's offering Oshie).

My current squad:

C: Malkin / McDavid / Barkov / Pageau (+Eichel for Zibanejad)
    LW: Forsberg / Landeskog / Kunitz /
    RW: Brown / Duchene / Gallagher
    D: Klingberg / Shattenkirk / Faulk (+Burns for dumba )
    G: Dubnyk / Holtby (+Lehner for vaslevskiy)

Is this a good transaction for me? Feels like a long term / late season deal for me... ((this would make my keepers likely... Malkin / McDavid / Eichel / Holtby / Forsberg / TBD

If i flip Lehner... who is a good recommended asset to ask for? (remember, current offer to me is Oshie)
    Lindholm, Matthews, Schenn, Arvidsson, Pastrnak, Seguin, Oshie, Martinez, Segachev, Leddy, Dadonov, Buchnevich, Saad, Monahan, Rust, Fowler, Johansson, Legace Neuvirth, Reimer.
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Trade Opinon / Eichel & Vaselevskiy

So you get two keepers and give up none. And upgrade hugely for this year. A no-brainer for me! Hit yes!

EDIT: Ok, maybe Vasi would be a keeper, but its not like Holtby is a bad keeper either.
    Ice Cap Hockey League, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2020. Commish.
    Global Fantasy League, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2022. Commish.
    BHL, 12 teams dynasty. Est. 2010. Commish.
    SSHL, 10 teams dynasty. Est. 2020.
    JHL, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2023.

Yearly best ball league player.

Quote Originally Posted by stimperi View Post
    So you get two keepers and give up none. And upgrade hugely for this year. A no-brainer for me! Hit yes!

EDIT: Ok, maybe Vasi would be a keeper, but its not like Holtby is a bad keeper either.
    lol. well, sort of... 'keeper quality'... although i could have kept Vas in Eichel's spot... he is a top end talent. I find it easier to trade for or draft a goalie than to pry a top end forward away. Goalies seem to emerge more often...

Malkin / McDavid / Eichel / Holtby / Forsberg / TBD I imagine this would be my top 5 (6 but i have no 'rookie' qualified player under the league rules of games played)
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is an unbelievably good deal for you.

You need to accept it before he pulls it back.

Especially considering you already have Dubnyk and Holtby.

Just. Wow.

Dobber Sports Sage

That sounds good to me. Getting Oshie would just be icing the cake. You win on Eichel vs. Zib and Burns vs. Dumba. You lose on Vas vs. Lehner, but flipping him for Oshie lessens the blow a bit.

Well, I hit accept...
    So what is my nest best action. I'm going to see if i can flip Lehner to another team as well... scout some offers... but Oshie at a minimum seems decent.

I may try to target Brayden Point off another team (if possible) since I can keep him as my 6th player under our sub 150GP rookie rule.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by icevenom View Post
    Well, I hit accept...
    So what is my nest best action. I'm going to see if i can flip Lehner to another team as well... scout some offers... but Oshie at a minimum seems decent.

I may try to target Brayden Point off another team (if possible) since I can keep him as my 6th player under our sub 150GP rookie rule.
    I like the idea of targeting a decent player with under 150 GP. Aho is just a random suggestion as he's come slowly out of the gate, but there is very likely better options. Look around a bit.

Dobber Sports Sage

This is an automatic yes to me. Vas won't keep his pace and you upgrade your keepers. The key is you have the goaltending depth to pull it off. Do it before the other guy comes to his senses.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If the guy with Oshie has a decent youngish keeper, see if you can work that player into the deal, and give back an old similar value player. Like the deal for your situation - it reminds me of when I had Hasek/Roy in my dynasty start 1 goalie.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    If the guy with Oshie has a decent youngish keeper, see if you can work that player into the deal, and give back an old similar value player. Like the deal for your situation - it reminds me of when I had Hasek/Roy in my dynasty start 1 goalie.
    no kidding. i remember selling broduer after a hot streak in one of his final seasons in NJ....

Buy low sell high... I need a '6th keeper' who fits the sub 150GP rule in my league, hard to find at the moment.