Thread: Talbot or Bishop?-Rep

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Talbot or Bishop?-Rep

I own both in a points only dynasty (win=2pts+1 for a shutout...and 1pt for the rare assist/goal). Anyway I can only start 1 per week and I also have Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Darling as my other current NHL goalies so I have an abundance. So a gm has asked about aquiring 1 of my goalies not named Darling. I'm currently in 2nd place of 9 teams so I don't really want to deal Bob or Helleboy since they've been rock solid. I'm open to trading 1 of Talbot or Bishop but I can't choose which one may turn things around. I'm leaning toward parting with Bishop only because of his injury history and he has a former number 1 goalie looking to steal starts (Lehtonen), where as I can't see Broissant taking many of Talbots starts. Dallas has really underwhelmed under Hitchcock so far...but Edmonton is struggling to score and defend so...What are your thoughts?
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Talbot or Bishop?-Rep

Bishop is the weaker goalie of the two and on a less defensive team imo (despite Edmonton's poor start) and you are correct that Talbot has probably one of the longest leashes of any NHL starter. Bishops is pretty long too but not Talbot long...

If the return is equal then there's no doubt selling bishop is the right call, however, because of your abundance in the position its worth seeing how much more he'd pay for Talbot. I also wouldn't be opposed to parting with any of your goalies given your depth and that you only start 1 per week. Sell the one (or 2) that warrants the biggest return.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Talbot or Bishop?-Rep

I'd keep Talbot over Bishop.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."