Thread: Hamilton or McAvoy?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Hamilton or McAvoy?

Keeper league and points only...

Just feeling this out as I'm considering building an offer for Hamilton that ultimately would probably have to include the young Bruin blueliner. Hamilton has had a slow start, but normally has a better second half. McAvoy is doing well for a rookie, but may still be a few seasons from his full potential. Thoughts on how even (or uneven) these two are.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Hamilton or McAvoy?

I would be pretty happy if someone offer me Hamilton for Mcavoy I have been happy whit Mcavoy hit production I was not expected that but his point production really drop lately. Hamilton is hitting his prime only 24 3 season of 40+ pts already if you are a winning team NOW it's a no-brainer, Mcavoy will be really good but maybe not better than Hamilton 50 pts last year so I will do it proven vs unproven.
    10teams H2H keep 12 dress 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G,2uti+4bench
    G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BS,W,L,GAA,SV%
    C:GETZ,Pavelski,Rakell,Brassard
    RW:P.Kane,Tarasenko,Wheeler,Silfverberg,Brown
    LW:Paciorety,Mantha,Panik,Namestnikov
    D:OEL,Burns,Josi,BUFF,E.Johnson,Sergachev,Mcavoy
    G:Holtby,Dubnyk,Budaj

Dobber Sports Stud

I think I take Dougie in almost any situation here

Dobber Sports Giant

Hamilton for me... his slow start doesn’t scare me... yet
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Sage

You have to take Hamilton here in his prime. Macavoy is 19 and as promising as he looks he's behind Krug and will have some bumps along the way before he hits his stride in the NHL. 4-5 years from now you may want to re-visit but I doubt it will be much sooner than that.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Icon

I would not be giving up McAvoy and something to acquire Hamilton. If it was a 1 for 1 it would be a tougher decision but I would rather have McAvoy then Hamilton. Adding to McAvoy to acquire Hamilton is a poor decision. McAvoy is already Boston's #1 dman and he is not allowed to drink in the US for another 13 months. He's also on pace for 41 points this year.

McAvoy played almost 28 minutes in the Bruins game against the Kings tonight...as a 19 year old.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    McAvoy is already Boston's #1 dman
    I agree McAvoy is a fantastic young talent with size strength and skill, but he IS not Boston's #1 D man. Krug runs the #1 PP for Boston and he is spectacular in that role. Krug is more offensively talented than McAvoy and it shows on the ice. That said, McAvoy may become as offensively talented as Krug but he has a ways to go yet. If you play in a league that counts hits and blocks his value increases considerably. And yes, with Krug out of the line up last night McAvoy was given all the minutes he could handle. Good on him.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, I have to agree with wonko here, Krug is the Bruins #1 guy, for now. That being said, McAvoy has a tremendous future in front of him.

If it was one for one, I'd probably do it but I think if you have to add anything significant to McAvoy to acquire Hamilton then I think I'd keep what you have. I'd try it straight up and see if he bites. I think that is a good deal for both teams.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

I own Hamilton and wouldn't move him straight across for McAvoy--but I would consider it with an add-on of value.
    You could try straight up, but I don't think you'll get that done (unless he's a Bruins fan, or unless there's a major premium on youth in your league).
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I agree McAvoy is a fantastic young talent with size strength and skill, but he IS not Boston's #1 D man. Krug runs the #1 PP for Boston and he is spectacular in that role. Krug is more offensively talented than McAvoy and it shows on the ice. That said, McAvoy may become as offensively talented as Krug but he has a ways to go yet. If you play in a league that counts hits and blocks his value increases considerably. And yes, with Krug out of the line up last night McAvoy was given all the minutes he could handle. Good on him.
    I did not say McAvoy was the Bruins best choice for PP1, I said he was their #1 dman. McAvoy is already the Bruins best dman and his ice time will show that. McAvoy will continue to improve and his ice time will continue to creep up. He's already played 2 minutes per game more than Krug this year and that gap will continue to grow. McAvoy's played more than 29 minutes already twice this season.

Hamilton is Calgary's 3rd best defenseman. He will continue to see about 20 minutes per game of ice time. With both players are destined to play on PP2, I would take my chances with the guy who plays an extra 4 minutes per night.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hamilton for the time being, but looking a few years into the future I'd be all over Mcavoy. The way the kid played during the playoffs last year plus a reasonable start this year. He's going to a crazy good asset in time.
    10 team H2H points league (keep 4) - G, A, P, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GA, SV, SHO
    C - Draisatl (c/w), Seguin (c/w), Aho, Couturier, Backstrom, Lindholm (c/w), Monahan
    W - P Kane, Hall, Wilson, E Kane, Dvorak, Lee
    D - Burns, McCavoy, Chabot, Werenski, Dahlin
    G - Vanacek, Merzlikins

Dobber Sports Padawan

Would you guys try to get Hamilton for Klefbom?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev