Dobber Sports Monster

Default Tyler Steenbergen

WHL
    Swift Current Broncos
    18 games
    28 goals
    21 assists
    49 points

Is he a must own in fairly deep fantasy leagues? 700 players are owned. Standard cats/roto. No minors, just extra spots to put bench/minor league players.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Tyler Steenbergen

He's definitely not a must own. He's a 20 year old playing in the WHL. He's at least 2 years and probably more than that from getting an NHL shot. He's likely 3+ years away from helping a fantasy team. He would be similar to Dryden Hunt from 2 years ago. Although I just realized that Dryden Hunt is now playing in the NHL which is very surprising to me.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I’d would (and have) gamble on his line mate before I did on him.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Worth a flyer in deep leagues with very deep farm systems. Otherwise, I'm sure there are better prospects available.

Dobber Sports Deity

I wouldn't say he's a "must own" but if he's there and you have the space on your roster for him, why not pick him up until something better comes along.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

I had the option of picking him or Heponiemi. I went for the Hepo since he’s younger, flashier and seems to be carrying the line. He does have a smaller frame than Steenbergen but from a fantasy-perspective, I’d gamble on him if he’s available.

If the question is in regards to Steenbergen’s output over the past 2 seasons, there’s no denying that he’s got a knack for racking up points. The tricky part is to see if he can bring this game to the bigs, let alone make it to the bigs. FWIW, I don’t see him making an impact in the NHL down the road.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Tyler Steenbergen remind me Connor Brown.

Dobber Sports Stud

I would grab him and see what happens over the next few weeks then look at flipping him after the world juniors for someone who is closer to the NHL than Steenbergen is.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Monster

What's holding this kid back from having a bigger role on Team Canada? Over a goal per game in the WHL and is zero's across the board in this tournament. Is there something in his game that says he won't become a top 6 NHL'er? I thought he would be doing better at this tournament statistically.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Slythefly View Post
    Tyler Steenbergen remind me Connor Brown.
    better shot, worse skating
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    better shot, worse skating
    What I thought might have been the problem. On a side note, I thought he was from Switzerland when I first heard about him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    What I thought might have been the problem. On a side note, I thought he was from Switzerland when I first heard about him.
    the great thing about him is that he was passed over in his first year of draft eligibility, then drafted 5th round the following year, and six months later gets a spot on Team Canada. I love rags to riches stories... I'm hoping he makes it
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    the great thing about him is that he was passed over in his first year of draft eligibility, then drafted 5th round the following year, and six months later gets a spot on Team Canada. I love rags to riches stories... I'm hoping he makes it
    I see he played AAA hockey right from 1st year Bantam so he can the pedigree. Looks like he was a pretty good goal scorer back then too.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    What's holding this kid back from having a bigger role on Team Canada? Over a goal per game in the WHL and is zero's across the board in this tournament. Is there something in his game that says he won't become a top 6 NHL'er? I thought he would be doing better at this tournament statistically.
    Well first, it’s been 2 games. But also, Steel, Dube, Kyrou, Raddysb, and Thomas are all much better and complete top 6 options than Steenbergen. Katchouk is really the only debatable one, but he’s clearly working.