1 33.33%
  • Namestnikov

1 33.33%
  • Other

1 33.33%

Thread: Couturier or Namestnikov?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Couturier or Namestnikov?

We have something called an equalization draft in the points-only pool in my sig. Basically, this is the only time during the season we can drop a player and pick up someone else that isn't currently on a team. The draft is on Friday.

I traded for the first overall selection. So now I have a tough decision. Couturier or Namestnikov? Points carry over, so I will also get their 19 points (currently) plus whatever they do for the rest of the season.

I already have four Flyers, so I'm not sure if I want Couturier. But can Namestnikov stick on the top line?

Other options are Evander Kane, Brown, Zucker, Marleau, Kerfoot, Bratt, Butcher, Varlamov and Jimmy Howard.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Couturier or Namestnikov?

I'd chance namestnikov sticking. The upside is worth it.

My next pick would be e Kane in his contract year followed closely by couturier.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ace

I would pick Couturier 1g1a tonight but whit your situation whit 4 Flyers I will have no problem picking Namestnikov I think both will be there (1ST line) all year but being in Quebec Couturier was so dominent in the Q that he have really good offensive instinct and upside he is not complimentary like Namestnikov whit KUCH and Stamkos. Couturier is a big part of the Flyers 1ST line whit two really good player in Giroux and Voracek that why I prefer Couturier by a hair.
    10teams H2H keep 12 dress 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G,2uti+4bench
    G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BS,W,L,GAA,SV%
    C:GETZ,Pavelski,Rakell,Brassard
    RW:P.Kane,Tarasenko,Wheeler,Silfverberg,Brown
    LW:Paciorety,Mantha,Panik,Namestnikov
    D:OEL,Burns,Josi,BUFF,E.Johnson,Sergachev,Mcavoy
    G:Holtby,Dubnyk,Budaj

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Even with Price's injury I am unsure if a goalie would help you.

Of the two, I think I'd take Namestnikov since you are Flyers-heavy right now between the forwards.

However, I'd go with a defenseman, though to protect against an season-ending injury to somebody, since you have the minimum 5.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

E. Kane before both. Yes, he can get hurt often, but if he doesn`t, he will have a monster season.
    Ice Cap Hockey League, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2020. Commish.
    Global Fantasy League, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2022. Commish.
    BHL, 12 teams dynasty. Est. 2010. Commish.
    SSHL, 10 teams dynasty. Est. 2020.
    JHL, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2023.

Yearly best ball league player.

The Great One

Um, did you miss the thread I posted last week after my cage match featuring these two?

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...kov-who-ya-got
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/