Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Cammalleri to EDM / J.Jokinen to LA

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default [TRADE] Cammalleri to EDM / J.Jokinen to LA

According to Nick Kypreos.

M Cammalleri for J Jokinen.

"According to Sportsnet insider Nick Kypreos the Oilers have acquired veteran forward Mike Cammalleri, now formerly of the Los Angeles Kings, and going back to L.A. will be veteran forward Jussi Jokinen."

Administrator

Default Re: TRADE. Edmonton/Los Angeles

An exchange of problems to see if a new environment changes anything. I think both see a short-term boost before going back to their usual selves.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Jokinen could end up with Kopitar and Brown on Line 1 so he bears watching in the short term.

Dobber Sports Monster

Jokinen hasn't worked and they save a few bucks swapping him out for Cammalleri. Seems like a decent dice roll for Edmonton

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Jokinen could end up with Kopitar and Brown on Line 1 so he bears watching in the short term.
    Over Iafallo? the way that line has performed I don't see any possible way that would happen. Everything that makes Iafallo a perfect fit on that line is everything Jokinen isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Jokinen hasn't worked and they save a few bucks swapping him out for Cammalleri. Seems like a decent dice roll for Edmonton
    100k? I guess saving is saving, but they aren't really saving anything lol.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default TRADE-----Cammy to OIlers for Jussi Jok

Who wins?
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Sorokin
    D: Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovich....F ox....Zellweger....Toews

F: Eichel....Caufield.......J Robertson......W Nylander.......Kucherov....Lundell
    Eklund.....W Johnston.....Marchenko......Stankoven.......Peterk a.....Holtz

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th
    2022 7th

Dobber Sports Ace

No one wins. Edmonton is looking for secondary scoring and hoping Cammy can click.

Jokinen kind of fits the LA system. Great two-way player. I think Jokinen scores a bit more in LA.

I suppose its a low risk, medium reward for both teams.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Sage

Haha Rat always so entertaining. You were the guy this summer who thought guys like Iafallo werent going to amount to anything after Blake signed them. How quickly the tune changes. Jokinen and Iafallo I would think could be semi-interchangeable. I can see them bouncing back and forth between Line 1 and Line 3. Jokinen brings a little more offense to the table and in some situations it would make sense to deploy him with Kopi and DB. But yeah Iafallo has done a great job and not messing with the chemistry is also a good point on your part.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I like Cammalleri, so I'm hoping he can provide some secondary scoring to the Oilers. I wish Jokinen well in Los Angeles.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

both teams looking for lightning in a bottle, more likely to get a firefly

how does this affect Puljujarvi ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    both teams looking for lightning in a bottle, more likely to get a firefly

how does this affect Puljujarvi ?
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...s-for-jokinen/

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Haha Rat always so entertaining. You were the guy this summer who thought guys like Iafallo werent going to amount to anything after Blake signed them. How quickly the tune changes. Jokinen and Iafallo I would think could be semi-interchangeable. I can see them bouncing back and forth between Line 1 and Line 3. Jokinen brings a little more offense to the table and in some situations it would make sense to deploy him with Kopi and DB. But yeah Iafallo has done a great job and not messing with the chemistry is also a good point on your part.
    I was? I didn't even know who Iafallo was until 2 days before the start of the season. I'd love to know where exactly you're getting that from. Probably just making shit up I assume. What I do know now is he's a fast, tenacious forechecker with decent hands who helps Kopitar and Brown cycle the puck and dominate offensive zone possession. Would be counter-intuitive to put a player who can't skate on that line for ~marginal~ offensive upside.

Haha Rat always so entertaining. You were the guy this summer who thought guys like Iafallo werent going to amount to anything after Blake signed them.
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...hlight=Iafallo

If you're referring to this thread, notice all I said was it was silly to judge Blake on his body of work when there was *barely any* body of work. Which it was, and honestly still is. But if you want to quote tweet a reply in there, and then manually edit it to put the words in my mouth that you're trying to, be my guest.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...hlight=Iafallo

If you're referring to this thread, notice all I said was it was silly to judge Blake on his body of work when there was *barely any* body of work. Which it was, and honestly still is. But if you want to quote tweet a reply in there, and then manually edit it to put the words in my mouth that you're trying to, be my guest.
    Nah, this thread is better:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...ighlight=Kings

It's funny how you thought Blake's only move of any note was trading away Bishop's rights. Yet there was Alex Iaffalo, a top line winger signed out of college as a free agent.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    An exchange of problems to see if a new environment changes anything. I think both see a short-term boost before going back to their usual selves.
    I love this post. I completely agree, and frankly I don't know why this doesn't happen more often. What's the harm?