Thread: Roussel post hand injury

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Roussel post hand injury

In a league that rewards hits and PIMs, Roussel in years past was gold. It didn't matter if the team was up by a goal or down by a goal in the closing minutes seasons past...if he needed to get a misconduct or stupid penalties he didn't care. Last year before his hand injury he was on his way to an over 30 point season (27 points in 60) games and although his PIM totals were tailing off, he was still on pace for well over 150. Then comes the hand injury last season and now the lower than expected production this year. He's still playing hard but you have to wonder, as is the case with most bruisers who suffer hand, shoulder, neck injuries, are there lingering physical issues from the injury or do they get gun-shy about reinjuring themselves again.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Roussel post hand injury

And just like that, a fight tonight. Now about Burns' slow start...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    And just like that, a fight tonight. Now about Burns' slow start...
    Maybe this is now all he needs to turn it around...

It will be interesting to track if Roussel isn't scoring at the same pace this year either. I didn't have a possible lingering hand injury on my radar.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Maybe this is now all he needs to turn it around...

It will be interesting to track if Roussel isn't scoring at the same pace this year either. I didn't have a possible lingering hand injury on my radar.
    Yeah, you see it with most of the physical guys, Gudbrandson, Rinaldo, Dorsett (neck is understandable)...once there is that hand/shoulder injury they're not so quick to throw down as much.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    Yeah, you see it with most of the physical guys, Gudbrandson, Rinaldo, Dorsett (neck is understandable)...once there is that hand/shoulder injury they're not so quick to throw down as much.
    apparently, all his hand needed was to be paired with Benn and Radulov to produce 2A, G, 12 PIMs. As Church Lady might say, nevermind.

Dobber Sports Titan

Being paired with Benn and Radulov would help just about anyone
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)