Thread: Hamilton - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Hamilton - I'll Rep

Starting to think it was a mistake to pick him late in the 1st round in my keeper league this year. He has 7 pts in 16 games (1 on pp). His shooting % is a bit below what it normally is, but not drastically. He's firing lots of shots on goal, but stuck on 2 goals and not racking up assists either. I have Buff as my other starting D man, but at least he's producing more points. Still waiting on him to score, but not worried given Winnipeg is high scoring/he has a track record of potting goals. I have Klefbom on my bench, and Leddy is available via free agency.

a) Do you still think Hamilton will have a big year/how would you handle him?
    b) Is Leddy a guy to add, and drop Klefbom? If I pick up Leddy, would you play him over Hamilton and wait for Hamilton to heat up?

Hamilton started slow last year, 2 goals and 12 pts in first 26 games, then had 20 pts in next 25 (5 goals), followed by 18 pts in last 30 (6 goals).

Klingberg and Josi went in the first round before I grabbed Hamilton, and Burns, Karlsson, Hedman, and Werenski were not draftable since they were keepers (Werenski rookie carry-over).

Hamilton's ice time per game is up a little this year, and his pp time is nearly the same (1 second more this year). His short handed time is up a little from last year, but would guess that's because he was getting pk time with Hamonic out recently.

His usage still isn't the best, given he's stuck on pp # 2 away from Gaudreau/Monahan. There were a lot of rumblings going into this year that he could put up 60 pts this year, but I think 40 to maybe 50 is more likely at this point. He gets double digit pp points every year, so I assume that'll pick up in time?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

The Great One

Default Re: Hamilton - I'll Rep

Issue with Hamilton is that he won’t see that PP1 time (and didn’t last season) so will suffer droughts. As the secondary scoring has shown signs of life then I expect to see his points to start to come...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Leddy and Klef is tough. I picked up leddy in my league recently and I've definitely enjoyed his production (especially since half my team has been slumping). I really like Klef and the oil are a hell of a team, but he does have a bit more competition imo. I'm tempted to say leddy, just because of how much the isles are scoring and how much undisputed TOI leddy gets. That being said, I think this is a close race in the long term
    10 team H2H points league (keep 4) - G, A, P, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GA, SV, SHO
    C - Draisatl (c/w), Seguin (c/w), Aho, Couturier, Backstrom, Lindholm (c/w), Monahan
    W - P Kane, Hall, Wilson, E Kane, Dvorak, Lee
    D - Burns, McCavoy, Chabot, Werenski, Dahlin
    G - Vanacek, Merzlikins

Dobber Sports Titan

He'll finish between 40-45 pts. Just a typical D cold spell early has people freaking. He gets 2 pts his next game and he goes from a 33pt/82game to a 41pt/82game pace.

It's pretty early to panic on these 40pt D-men. It's a TJ Brodie injury away from him possibly jumping back up to a 50pt D-man.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He'll finish between 40-45 pts. Just a typical D cold spell early has people freaking. He gets 2 pts his next game and he goes from a 33pt/82game to a 41pt/82game pace.

It's pretty early to panic on these 40pt D-men. It's a TJ Brodie injury away from him possibly jumping back up to a 50pt D-man.
    His points have increased each of the last 3 years, and he's 24. That's why I'm confused in regards to him being referenced as a 40 pt D. That just makes it sound like he doesn't have a great ceiling. If you look around, people were super high on him heading into the season. Brodie's offence has dried up a bunch relative to start of year, yet he still gets plum pp time vs Hamilton/Gio.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yeah, I think Hamilton was a bit lucky last season to hit 50 points. With his deployment he is more of a 40-45 point D man. If his situation changes, ie. he gets top PP time, he could reach the 50 point level again, however, I am not holding my breath for that to happen. Glutz seems pretty stubborn about Brodie sticking on the top unit even through dry spells.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Giant

I don’t think he will surpass 50 but anything over 40 is still very possible. I’d be patient with both him and Klefbom (Edmonton HAS to bounce back)...

Don’t hit the panic button... yet
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Brodie on PP1 is to let Hamilton/Gio rest who play roughly 30-35% of the game. It's time management I think. So unless Brodie kills it on 5on5 and needs some rest and gets bumped to PP2, i dont think Hamilton will see PP1 minutes unless there's an injury.

You need PP1 time consistently to get 50pts consistently. Hamilton was pretty lucky/good last yr with 5on5 play. I think he's a 40-45pt d-man that on a good yr can jump into the 50s, but you shouldn't expect that often.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

He's always been a streaky guy so you have to put up with this from time to time. However it's tough to expect 50 points when he's not getting huge minutes or PP1 opportunities.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

FYI - he stood at 6 points after 19 games last season. Just sayin......
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    FYI - he stood at 6 points after 19 games last season. Just sayin......
    Yeah, I was mentioning he's a slow starter in my initial post. Just thinking I could have done better with my 1st round pick. I reached for him, because I thought he would be one of the best guys available.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Superstar

everyone on Klefbom's wang for one almost forty point season meanwhile Leddy 3 seasons prior to this one has point totals of 37/40/46. Stop clamoring over potential that is seemingly floundering and value consistency in Isle's top D.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov