Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Italy fails to qualify for FIFA World Cup for 1st time since 1958

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Italy fails to qualify for FIFA World Cup for 1st time since 1958

The Great One

Default Re: Italy fails to qualify for FIFA World Cup for 1st time since 1958

ITll probably be a better tournament without them...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

Whoa...... #rekt

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Delicious #EmbraceChaos

Dobber Sports Deity

Less dives and flops for this years tourney I guess. Still be lots but definitely less than normal now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

I don't follow at all but how did they even get in a position where they were in a must win to even qualify??

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I don't follow at all but how did they even get in a position where they were in a must win to even qualify??
    Combination of poorer recent results, which meant they weren’t seeded for the qualification groups, and the hard luck of catching Spain as the seeded team in their group pushed them into the playoff.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Same here!! I’m a fan of Spain myself but I can’t wrap my head around a World Cup without Italy!! It’s like the Stanley Cup playoffs without the Islanders!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports All-Star

Great run but how embarrassed they must be. Imagine Canada not qualifying for the Olympics in hockey. There is work to be done in Italy.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Less dives and flops for this years tourney I guess. Still be lots but definitely less than normal now.
    Sometimes this happens to me when I'm walking into work. Have your legs ever just given out like this? Mama Mia!

Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Sometimes this happens to me when I'm walking into work. Have your legs ever just given out like this? Mama Mia!

Now that takes practice.

Dobber Sports Deity

LOL, yep. And this is why soccer sucks.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Mama Mia!
    Haha, I came here to say this phrase exactly! +1 The Comish
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Apparently every team has to actually qualify for the World Cup. I did not know that. That’s not the case for the Olympics.

Dobber Sports Master

NZ needs a result from their next match against Peru. Its happening tomorrow. Tune in and cheer us on. Imagine NZ qualifying for the World Cup while Italy sits out!!!! It would be justice served after De Rossi's dive in the 2010 world cup against NZ. **** that guy.