Thread: Gibson and Anaheim

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Gibson and Anaheim

I'm pretty confident with my forwards, but not so much with my goalies. Should I continue with Gibson or think about making an upgrade? My second thought - how much longer does Anaheim remain competitive for?
    14 Team | Keep 5 | H2H Weekly Lock
    Start: 2 x C, LW, RW | 4 x D | 1 x G

Scoring System:

+/- (0.5), G (3), A (2), PIM (0.25), PPG (1), PPA (1), SHG (2), ShG (1), BLK (0.1), HIT (0.1), GWG (1), HT (2)
    W (5), SHO (3), S (0.2), GA (-1), ShSv (0.2)

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Gibson and Anaheim

They're in a weaker division and have been literally broken with injuries this season. I think they're competitive (when healthy) and are in a good position to stay competitive with a decent young D core and Gibson's one of the better young goalies. I see them as a playoff team for several years.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Agree with MZac that’s gibson can still post numbers.. not convinced on play offs though...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Superstar

do not think that goaltending can bring you a title barring miracle week(s) at right time. Package Darling w/ the likes of Arvidsson or Buch to bring in a Jones level goalie perhaps if the owner bites.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    do not think that goaltending can bring you a title barring miracle week(s) at right time. Package Darling w/ the likes of Arvidsson or Buch to bring in a Jones level goalie perhaps if the owner bites.
    How do Jones and Gibson compare head to head. Seems the fluid ranking lists have Jones ahead of Gibby but how much of that is the team's woes?

IF the OP was able to move Gibson for Jones (assuming Jones is back and healthy) how do they equate? Jones >/</= Gibson?