Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry Axe, but the Soilers are back

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Sorry Axe, but the Soilers are back

If they get any worse they will have to relinquish the Soilers tag and take on the Coilers, which is even a lower ranking.

Administrator

If this continues much longer they might become the Spoilers after the trade deadline

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    If they get any worse they will have to relinquish the Soilers tag and take on the Coilers, which is even a lower ranking.
    LMAO

Dobber Sports Titan

TOI for Oilers last yr:
    Talbot - 4294
    Oscar Klefbom - 1834
    McDavid - 1733
    Sekera - 1719

Last I checked Talbot is a goalie, and McDavid is a centre. So Sekera is the 2nd leader in minutes among defensemen in Edmonton. He?s a top 2 even for the team last yr. This yr he'd be 3 behind Larsson (who was 1592 last yr).

To say Sekera isn't a big deal to lose is not factual. He was 5th in point share on the team (7.3) behind Klefbom, Draisaitl, McDavid and Talbot. That's a big person to lose.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    TOI for Oilers last yr:
    Talbot - 4294
    Oscar Klefbom - 1834
    McDavid - 1733
    Sekera - 1719

Last I checked Talbot is a goalie, and McDavid is a centre. So Sekera is the 2nd leader in minutes among defensemen in Edmonton. He?s a top 2 even for the team last yr. This yr he'd be 3 behind Larsson (who was 1592 last yr).

To say Sekera isn't a big deal to lose is not factual. He was 5th in point share on the team (7.3) behind Klefbom, Draisaitl, McDavid and Talbot. That's a big person to lose.
    Yeah true. But he is one piece of the big problem plaging the Oilers right now.
    Growing pains is another.alot of young teams go through this.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Yeah true. But he is one piece of the big problem plaging the Oilers right now.
    Growing pains is another.alot of young teams go through this.
    Yes one player does not make a team. But I just wanted to show to some people what Sekera did for the Oilers last yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Yes one player does not make a team. But I just wanted to show to some people what Sekera did for the Oilers last yr.
    Yep he's a big piece for sure

Dobber Sports All-Star

TOI for Oilers last yr:
    Talbot - 4294
    Oscar Klefbom - 1834
    McDavid - 1733
    Sekera - 1719

Thats all nice but it doesn't convince me that the Oilers would be even one spot higher in the standings with Sekera in the lineup. I remember Ottawa with Karlsson, Alfredsson and others out of their line up a few years ago and they barely missed a beat with Paul MacLean coaching. I'm sure there are many other examples of teams missing their 3-4 defenceman. The problem here is either coaching or overall talent and I don't believe it is talent.

Dobber Sports All-Star

TOI for Oilers last yr:
    Talbot - 4294
    Oscar Klefbom - 1834
    McDavid - 1733
    Sekera - 1719

Thats all nice but it doesn't convince me that the Oilers would be even one spot higher in the standings with Sekera in the lineup. I remember Ottawa with Karlsson, Alfredsson and others out of their line up a few years ago and they barely missed a beat with Paul MacLean coaching. I'm sure there are many other examples of teams missing their 3-4 defenceman. The problem here is either coaching or overall talent and I don't believe it is talent.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

"The player's are underperforming. Fire the coach!"

The Edmonton Way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Really? You don't think it's talent? Outside of McDavid and Draisaitl....there isn't a lot there.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    "The player's are underperforming. Fire the coach!"

The Edmonton Way.
    That's every team's way. If I remember correctly, you one of many who wanted Gulutzan gone early on last season after the Flames struggled out of the gate. If I am not mistaken, you started the thread.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That's every team's way. If I remember correctly, you one of many who wanted Gulutzan gone early on last season after the Flames struggled out of the gate. If I am not mistaken, you started the thread.
    Ah. I never wanted him hired, and to this day believe he is a bad coach and a bad choice. Also the Flames haven't cycled through 14 coaches in 6 years. McLellan on the other hand, is proven to be a good coach, and again, is the 14th coach in 6 years. So quite obviously those situations are different. Some organizations have a history of holding their players accountable, and some well, do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ah. I never wanted him hired, and to this day believe he is a bad coach and a bad choice. Also the Flames haven't cycled through 14 coaches in 6 years. McLellan on the other hand, is proven to be a good coach, and again, is the 14th coach in 6 years. So quite obviously those situations are different. Some organizations have a history of holding their players accountable, and some well, do not.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    But yet, it's the Edmonton way.

I still like the idea of changing out an asst coach to try and help the special teams at the very least. And for the record, I also think McLellan is a good coach, but good coaches get let go all the time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Glad we agree