Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry Axe, but the Soilers are back

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Sorry Axe, but the Soilers are back

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    Could you do imagine if McDavid wasn’t general too? It would be like over a decade of absolute mediocrity and uber high draft with no end of the bottom feeding in sight. I mean it’s kind of like that now. If Chia didn’t land ass backwards into McDavid, right now there would be no distinguishing him from K Lowe. That Lucic signing. Yikes.
    This is common knowledge for most people aside from biased Oiler fans (haters according to them).

Dobber Sports Immortal

This is getting brutal. Not to rag on Axe or anything......but this franchise has really blown it.

Dobber Sports Ace

True dat. Title prob shouldn’t be referencing one fan in particular but I’m sure it’s not intended to be mean spirited.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    This is getting brutal. Not to rag on Axe or anything......but this franchise has really blown it.
    It's all good. I don't take the title, or any of the comments in this thread, personally.

In fact, it's hard to argue with the title. As it stands so far this year it's correct, the Soilers ARE back and it's painful to watch.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

The way I see it Chiarelli made some mistakes and it worked one year so apparently all was forgiven. It was going to catch up to them at some point. Maybe it's just happening sooner than expected?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    True dat. Title prob shouldn’t be referencing one fan in particular but I’m sure it’s not intended to be mean spirited.
    As OP, its not intended to be mean-spirited at all, especially to Axe who is a legend around here. Frankly it was just intended as a quick heads-up to Axe that I would be resuming calling the Edmonton franchise the Soilers, which is entirely for my own amusement and his mild consternation. Never thought this thread would go 1 full page let alone 6. But clearly there are a lot of opinions on the Soilers and what ails them right now.

I am a Kings fan and I have recently been through the same trials with my team winning the Cup and then coming out the following year and soiling the ice with inexplicably bad play.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I will say, in times like these, Oilers twitter is fun.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The way I see it Chiarelli made some mistakes and it worked one year so apparently all was forgiven. It was going to catch up to them at some point. Maybe it's just happening sooner than expected?
    Exactly. The chickens have come home to roost.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    As OP, its not intended to be mean-spirited at all, especially to Axe who is a legend around here. Frankly it was just intended as a quick heads-up to Axe that I would be resuming calling the Edmonton franchise the Soilers, which is entirely for my own amusement and his mild consternation. Never thought this thread would go 1 full page let alone 6. But clearly there are a lot of opinions on the Soilers and what ails them right now.

I am a Kings fan and I have recently been through the same trials with my team winning the Cup and then coming out the following year and soiling the ice with inexplicably bad play.
    It's always fun to razz the nice guys.

Dobber Sports Icon

The good news is that the Oilers specifically the coaching staff are starting to realize that Patrick Maroon is not that good. This should lead to him not being re-signed for more than he's worth (about $2.7M per season) or even better would be that he is traded for something near the deadline.

Dobber Sports Ninja

STL 8 : 3 EDM

Oilers in the role of the Black Knight (not to be confused with the Vegas Golden Knights)...it's just a flesh wound:

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Seeing as the "non-Oiler fans" enjoy going back to this thread after every Oilers defeat (which happens too often), I thought an Oilers fan would bump this after an Oilers victory.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Seeing as the "non-Oiler fans" enjoy going back to this thread after every Oilers defeat (which happens too often), I thought an Oilers fan would bump this after an Oilers victory.
    Looooooooooool good on you.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I expect that we'll be back soon.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I expect that we'll be back soon.
    I have no doubt. I'll be here.

Administrator

Surprised Kris Russell's perfect shot hasn't been mentioned yet. Best shot of his career!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust