Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry Axe, but the Soilers are back

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Sorry Axe, but the Soilers are back

Just a heads up for Axeman33, superfan of the Edmonton franchise, which is next to last in the Western Conference, and is clearly over the line into Soilers designation. As always, the team can earn its way back to dropping the S.

Administrator

Default Re: Sorry Axe, but the Soilers are back

Sometimes dropping the S can be quite painful

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

This was supposed to be their best chance to win the cup with McDavid/Drai on their ELCs. Next few years will be rough with several expensive/overpaid contracts on the team, building good depth will be hard with all the mistakes Chiarelli's made.

Dobber Sports Deity

You do realize I'm not the only Oilers fan on this site right.

Still lots of hockey to be played this season. No one is panicking yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

You're also polite and respectful, which means you're not much fun to razz. We need the nastier Oiler fans to weigh in.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

I find that most people dont panic when they find themselves in a situation they are well accustomed to. The cellar is a place Soilers fans know well, its practically home.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Meh, I still think they'll qualify for the playoffs. They just need to go on a run (or two)...(he says hopefully)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Guru

The Canucks and Golden Knights are currently in playoff spots--so yeah, it's too early to assume anything yet.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    You're also polite and respectful, which means you're not much fun to razz. We need the nastier Oiler fans to weigh in.
    LOL, I dont mind the ribbing when I agree that they suck. I think they are just off to a bad start and have the skill to turn it around; which I think is the case here.

There's too much talent on this team to keep them down all season long. They just need a good run and they are back in the mix.

The "Oilers suck" threads are a thing of the past for Oilers fans. Now it's more of a "Oilers are in a funk" thread that will pop up. Im fine with those.

I do appreciate the concern from the non-Oiler fans though.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Honestly Axe, you're always a good sport. And I think we are all surprised the Soilers have gotten off to such a poor start. Who would have thought that Eberle and Sekera were the only guys keeping the team afloat last year?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Oilers fan and Edmontonian here. I'm not panicking, but I'm very concerned.....this team definitely has some holes. We need more speedy, goal-scoring wingers for sure......we aren't surprising anyone this year and need offensive contributions from more than 3 players. Not worried about Talbot, but not super confident that they can string enough wins together to claw out of this hole. Their record is going to have to be pretty stellar the rest of the way, which leaves no room for error....a 4-5 game losing streak anytime the rest of the way would pretty much be the nail in the coffin. Right now, I'd say it's pretty close to 50/50 if they will make the playoffs or not.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post
    Oilers fan and Edmontonian here. I'm not panicking, but I'm very concerned.....this team definitely has some holes. We need more speedy, goal-scoring wingers for sure......we aren't surprising anyone this year and need offensive contributions from more than 3 players. Not worried about Talbot, but not super confident that they can string enough wins together to claw out of this hole. Their record is going to have to be pretty stellar the rest of the way, which leaves no room for error....a 4-5 game losing streak anytime the rest of the way would pretty much be the nail in the coffin. Right now, I'd say it's pretty close to 50/50 if they will make the playoffs or not.
    Lol. Way to go Chiarelli.

Dobber Sports Deity

I remember saying all last season that the Oilers didn't have the depth on the right side to trade away Eberle when the rumors were flying and they still don't. And yes, Sekera is a big hole to fill.

Anyone who watches any of the games (and even TSN highlighted it after their loss to the Rangers in their highlight package today) it's their special teams that are killing them. They aren't scoring on the PP and can't stop anyone on the PK.

Dobber Sports All-Star

This team has run out of excuses. They have been the luckiest organization off the ice for the past 5 years or so, so there is no more room for excuses. To have the 2nd worst record 16 games into the season is just plain sad.

Can't score on the power play? Can't kill penalties? Really? Teams with inferior talent, and there are plenty considering Edmonton was the 2nd favorite to win it all, have figured it out. Get a smarter coaching staff! It's the cheapest route. Other teams have done that later in the season and have won cups.

Jeez, I guess the next thing we will be hearing is how McDavid isn't as good as he was hyped up to be ala RNH, Hall, and Yakupov (ok i'll give them that one).

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    This team has run out of excuses. They have been the luckiest organization off the ice for the past 5 years or so, so there is no more room for excuses. To have the 2nd worst record 16 games into the season is just plain sad.

Can't score on the power play? Can't kill penalties? Really? Teams with inferior talent, and there are plenty considering Edmonton was the 2nd favorite to win it all, have figured it out. Get a smarter coaching staff! It's the cheapest route. Other teams have done that later in the season and have won cups.

Jeez, I guess the next thing we will be hearing is how McDavid isn't as good as he was hyped up to be ala RNH, Hall, and Yakupov (ok i'll give them that one).
    At this point, I agree. A change in the coaching is needed. The players aren't getting it done.