Thread: Edmonton - best option to get to and from Northlands

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Edmonton - best option to get to and from Northlands

Dobberites from Edmonton.... I need some advice.

We are in the city for the Canadian Finals Rodeo this coming weekend.

What is your suggested method of getting to and from the Collisuem?

Would you recommend driving? Or would you recommend some other method of transportation? Is there a sky-train that goes nearby. I think we are staying close to west Edmonton Mall.

Thanks!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Edmonton - best option to get to and from Northlands

I would recommend driving if you are staying near West Edmonton Mall. There is lots of parking at Northlands Coliseum.

There is also the train (LRT) but it only runs North and South through the middle of the city so you would have to take a bus or taxi to a train station to take you to Northlands if you are staying near West Edmonton Mall. The train does have a stop at the Coliseum.

The other options are Uber or a taxi which are both good options if you plan on boozing.

Dobber Sports All-Star

If you're talking about getting to the old Northlands Coliseum from West Edmonton Mall by driving, the easiest and fastest way would be:

From WEM, drive north on 170 st nw until you get to the freeway (Yellowhead Hwy)
    Take Yellowhead hwy east (right turn) and drive east all the way till you reach 82nd St exit and get off there
    Go south on 82nd st (right turn) until you reach 118th Ave NW and then go East (left turn) and go couple blocks and you're there
    You can't miss it, it should be just before you reach Wayne Gretzky Drive. Just check this route on your phone map and it should be pretty straight forward
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    If you're talking about getting to the old Northlands Coliseum from West Edmonton Mall by driving, the easiest and fastest way would be:

From WEM, drive north on 170 st nw until you get to the freeway (Yellowhead Hwy)
    Take Yellowhead hwy east (right turn) and drive east all the way till you reach 82nd St exit and get off there
    Go south on 82nd st (right turn) until you reach 118th Ave NW and then go East (left turn) and go couple blocks and you're there
    You can't miss it, it should be just before you reach Wayne Gretzky Drive. Just check this route on your phone map and it should be pretty straight forward
    I would take Yellowhead all the way to Wayne Gretzky Drive then head south. The Northlands parking lot will be on your right past the Coliseum.

Dobber Sports Jedi

could also just take the express bus from WEM to Downtown and then it's a 6 block walk... about 30min on transit. Stayed there for a week made that trip a couple times. city isn't overrun with traffic so you can usually get around pretty good - comparative to large cities.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I would take Yellowhead all the way to Wayne Gretzky Drive then head south. The Northlands parking lot will be on your right past the Coliseum.
    Yes, you can do that which is more efficient, or you can take my route if you want to spend an extra 2 minutes seeing the ghetto.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I would recommend driving if you are staying near West Edmonton Mall. There is lots of parking at Northlands Coliseum.

There is also the train (LRT) but it only runs North and South through the middle of the city so you would have to take a bus or taxi to a train station to take you to Northlands if you are staying near West Edmonton Mall. The train does have a stop at the Coliseum.

The other options are Uber or a taxi which are both good options if you plan on boozing.
    Perfect... that is awesome to know. Games at MTS centre there is not much for parking and I would recommend the train if there was one.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​