Thread: Fantrax Active-Minors Waivers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Fantrax Active-Minors Waivers

Who's good with Fantrax??

I'd like to have a rule built into the league where if a team wishes to recall a player from their minors system, they have to send a player from their active roster to their minors, but to be sent to their minors, that player must clear waivers... I cant seem to find the option. It seems like it would be a popular one. I do pay the premium fee. Any pointers are greatly appreciated. Rep rep.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Fantrax Active-Minors Waivers

I have never seen this in fantrax... but if you have something you need added to your league you can always email them and they might have the fix for it.

Why not have it so that the player being dropped has to be dropped to 'free agency' then he has to clear waivers that way. And then if he does clear waivers then the player that 'dropped' him gets him on his minors.

Dobber Sports Master

I dont think theres anything that can be done that is automated so you'd have to decide whether a manual work-around is worth your time/effort .

In my leagues , gm's can recall somone from minors throughout the week and swap with another so long as both still fit under the 1oo gp minors threshold .It's become part of the strategy to our setup and whether its fair or even a tasteful way to run a league that allows this type of movement is obviously open to ones preference .

I've though of a way to make it a tougher process to recall/assign to minors but the leagues are running smoothly so why rock the boat if everyones happy .

I know this isnt what your looking for as it doesnt put the player being sent down on waivers but it would slow down movement between farm/regular roster .

at fantrax create 2 divisions - one for regular roster , the other for farm teams .you can set up divisions to only play h2h within division so that part is easy .

gm's can own more than one team with ''premium'' so that takes care of them owning their pro roster in one division , farm team in other .

then -require them to trade between pro team / farm team for farm call ups / send downs . use the same period of time utilized to review any other trade (1-3 days) so that commish can ensure players being moved up/down qualify for whatever gp limits are in place .

I think using this method you would have to get rid of the green shaded minors spots and do a little bit of manual tracking of prospect gp's but if you begin season with all farm teams at legit gp's you would have time to ''review'' the call ups / send downs to ensure gp accuracy during the 2 or so days that the transaction is in the waiting period mode .

like I say , it doesnt put the guy on waivers but it slows down the streaming of minors/pro due to limitations of fantrax

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Email fantrax and request it, they’re really good a custom requests. I’m sure it can be done and would then become an option for everyone