Thread: Drop Darling for Price?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop Darling for Price?

Buddy in my league had had enough with Price and dropped him. I have the #1 WW spot so I have first option to snag him if I so choose. Currently have Anderson and Darling in net. 3pts=W, 3Pts=SO, -1=loss. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Drop Darling for Price?

Are you only allowed to roster 2G? What does the rest of your roster look like and how many do you start at each position?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I would prefer both Price and Darling over Anderson.

That being said, Axe has a good point, maybe it makes sense for you to roster all three.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Can only roster 2 goalies - no bench spots so I can't stash anyone. Anderson has been pretty good early and while Darling has played well, the wins aren't really there yet. Thanks for the input.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SirIrish View Post
    Can only roster 2 goalies - no bench spots so I can't stash anyone. Anderson has been pretty good early and while Darling has played well, the wins aren't really there yet. Thanks for the input.
    Gotcha.

Is this a keeper or a one year league?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Limited keeper (keep 7), and given our league setup, I wouldn't consider keeping a goalie unless they were absolutely dominant.

Dobber Sports Deity

You know your team and league best I suppose, in regards to keepers. I don't think Price will help you in the short term but he might still be someone I'd consider picking up and keeping, if he can turn it around. I'd be curious to see your full roster and who you consider to be your seven keepers none the less.

The Great One

Can you afford to carry the losses in net whilst Price works it out?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Keepers are contract based (3 years). In our point setup, fwds (12) / dman (7) are generally worth a fair bit more than goaltenders so it is rare that they are kept (I think Holtby was the only one kept last year). Current keepers are Ovie (expiring), Tarasenko (expiring), Eichel (1 yr remaining), Patches (expiring), Piet (2 yrs remaining), MacKinnon (2 yrs), and Skinner (2 yrs). Really not interested in Price from a keeper perspective but more if he would be an upgrade over Anderson or Darling.

Currently middle of the pack, so I don't have a lot of patient for him to sort it out. Thanks for the feedback gents.