Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My league is a joke (HUGE DEBATE)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default My league is a joke (HUGE DEBATE)

So.. I made a trade for Antonio Brown 4 days ago.. I traded,
    Deshaun Watson, Crabtree, and Watkins
    For
    Brown and Stafford

The trade had a voting period of two days in which no one voted against so at 11:50am yesterday it was processed... at 6:00 pm howeever, it was announced that Deshaun Watson tore his ACL and would be out for the season.. 5 minutes later, my commissioner calls me and tells me that behind my back, my league had a league wide vote to overturn my trade because of the injury.. Not only do I find this absolute bullshit.. but I spoke to 3 other managers who all said they didn?t hear anything and believe it?s bullshit and the trade should stay.. so I?m not sure what?s going on.. but I payed $100 for this league and my commissioner is saying, it?s too bad.. it was majority..Dude please don?t tell me that u agree with the fact that my trade should be overturned... Rules were set at the beginning of the year.. u can?t change just change things as u go... it?s the nfl, injuries happen all the time. U can?t overturn a trade that has already gone through from 3 days ago.. its complete bullshit.. the trade not only was made 3 days ago but it went through the voting process as well. I have never in my life been in a league where a trade ESPECIALLY in the NFL where injuries happen league wide, a trade is being overturned after the fact that it has already been made and voted on.. its absolute bullshit. I hope u all agree with me on this... please respond with ur opinion..

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: My league is a joke (HUGE DEBATE)

I'm not an NFL fan but I agree with you on this one 100%. I'd probably go all bi-polar and tell the league to shove it.

Administrator

1) Yes it is bullshit to go back in time and undo trades because of events that take place after the fact. In a dynasty league I was once approached to undo a trade from two months prior that would have put me over the cap. If it had been overturned I would have resigned immediately.
    2) You should find a new league.
    3) Don't spend so much money on a league.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

100% BS ... I would start putting out the feelers for another league. If you have any chance at the money just stick it out but if already out of it just tell the commish to suck it. Sounds like the guy who got stuck with Watson started crying to the commish as soon as the news trickled in.

Dobber Sports Guru

That is bush-league.

I'd definitely post a forum message and get a discussion going. If the Commish is making stuff up--everyone should know.
    And if the league did vote on this--I'd be requesting my entry fee back and walking away.

Injuries happen. It's bad luck. And you even have the 3-day window for possible voting against--so there should be no complaining here.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

On another note your league must be the most active league I have ever heard of. To get the votes required for a majority veto 5 mins after the injury news is hardly believable. After reading what Stone wrote, expose the commish for what he is and have a league wide discussion on the forum explaining your side.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    1) Yes it is bullshit to go back in time and undo trades because of events that take place after the fact. In a dynasty league I was once approached to undo a trade from two months prior that would have put me over the cap. If it had been overturned I would have resigned immediately.
    2) You should find a new league.
    3) Don't spend so much money on a league.
    Agree with all of this. Anyone who would vote on that shouldn't be playing fantasy.

Dobber Sports Pro

BS.
    Sounds like some collusion between the commish and the guy who acquired Watson if I had to guess.

I'd try to make nice first, talk with other GMs, get a discussion going, if that fails... go full scorched earth. Unless you're in contention for 1st or $, trade your top players to a guy you like in pool as fairly as you can so he's stacked and then bail, sucks about your $.
    If you are in contention, I'd try to win then gloat a lot then bail.
    Leagues like that don't warrant an honorable exit.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    On another note your league must be the most active league I have ever heard of. To get the votes required for a majority veto 5 mins after the injury news is hardly believable. After reading what Stone wrote, expose the commish for what he is and have a league wide discussion on the forum explaining your side.
    Haha very good point.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Make this public, and make this loud. Demand your money back and find a new league. This is outright embarrassing.

Even if the trade was accepted and still in "veto review", that is not a reason this trade should be vetoed. Injuries happen, it sucks and they're bad luck, but the trade was negotiated and agreed on in good faith. This trade has to stand, and it is most certainly a hill worth dying on. It's all about integrity, and if you can't trust the people you're playing with to be fair, then there's no point.

Dobber Sports Jedi

not a bad idea to link this thread to your league as well... I'd be going to each GM and asking if they vetoed it as well... not much more I could possibly add. this is pretty close to as bad as it gets
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Once the trade has been accepted, injuries are the responsibility of the new owners. The voting / vetoing is only to avoid collusion and sheer incompetence from an owner that needs replacing. Under no circumstances should your trade be vetoed there.

Dobber Sports Titan

12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    That is bush-league.
    That is the best way to sum it up. Wow... that is absolutely pourly run.

You should tell the commish that you have to re-do the whole draft because the 1st overall pick got injured in week 1.

Its the same thing! You did not re-do the draft when David Johnson got injure... you should not revert a trade because a guy got injured. for $100 I would be livid. Is the commish in the running for the money? It sounds a lot like he is. That's absolutely brutal.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Make this public, and make this loud. Demand your money back and find a new league. This is outright embarrassing.

Even if the trade was accepted and still in "veto review", that is not a reason this trade should be vetoed. Injuries happen, it sucks and they're bad luck, but the trade was negotiated and agreed on in good faith. This trade has to stand, and it is most certainly a hill worth dying on. It's all about integrity, and if you can't trust the people you're playing with to be fair, then there's no point.
    Amen!! This is definitely one worth fighting for big time. I would direct your whole league here to look at the reviews and see.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​