Thread: Looking to move on from Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Looking to move on from Lundqvist

Hey guys I'm in a cap keeper league, goalie stats are wins, shutouts, sv %, GAA, and saves. Currently sitting in first with a trio of Lundqvist, Quick and Jones. Lundqvist's struggles are scaring me to death and I'm looking at options to replace him. Goalies are tough to come by in the pool, the only goalies of note on waivers are Luongo and Condon. At Lundqvist's 9 million I could essentially replace him with those two. Another option is trading for Carey Price purely as a rental which would cost a first and a prospect I would think. Lundqvist is typically a slow starter but these cold streaks throughout the years are making me think he is a mediocre starter making a ton of money.

Any advice on these scenarios would be greatly appreciated.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Looking to move on from Lundqvist

Hank isn't getting any younger, and I don't think this is just a cold spell. If all you have to add is a 1st round pick (and you're in first place) to get Carey Price, I would make that move.
    Yes I would even make the move knowing Price has his insane new contract coming up. If there are no goalies on the wire, then you can probably trade Price and something for Burns next year, and keep moving down the ladder like that.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Hank isn't getting any younger, and I don't think this is just a cold spell. If all you have to add is a 1st round pick (and you're in first place) to get Carey Price, I would make that move.
    Yes I would even make the move knowing Price has his insane new contract coming up. If there are no goalies on the wire, then you can probably trade Price and something for Burns next year, and keep moving down the ladder like that.
    solid advice right there.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Hell yeah

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Genius

I am (was) a Lundqvist owner in cap dynasty set up. I unloaded him for quarters on the dollar in the summer. That owner got cold feet and dealt Lundqvist for dimes on the dollar. The current owner is trying to move him and there in zero interest in a struggling over-priced goalie.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Lundqvist will still have better stats than Luongo or Condon at season's end. But yeah, if you can package him, a first and a prospect for Price as a rental to solidify your first place, then do it.
    Dynasty Keeper
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PIMS, STP (Special Teams Points), Hits
    Goalies - W, SO, GAA, SP

F : Barkov, Crosby, Malkin, Kadri, Novak, Panarin, Marchand, Kaprizov, VerHaeghe, Bunting, Pacioretty, Deslauriers, Kucherov, Barbashev, Kolesar, T. Raddysh, Colton, McBain

D : Burns, Karlsson, Heiskanen, S. Jones, Weegar, Schneider, Theodore on IR

G : Jarry, Gustafsson, Luukkonen, Daccord, Andersen on IR, Campbell in Minors

Prospects : Brisson, Dorofeyev, Miroshnichenko, Brink, Thrun

Dobber Sports Novice

Pulled the trigger on the deal. Appreciate the opinions on it. Day 1 of the deal doesn't look very hot for me lol.