Thread: Puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Puljujarvi

Been wondering how he's been doing in the AHL this year. Sure, I've seen that he currently has 3 points in 7 games, which isn't jaw-dropping, but I guess I'm wondering if anyone has seen him play and can tell me that it's because he's been unlucky, or has poor linemates, ... or any other attenuating circumstance. I know he had surgery on one of his knees and maybe that explains a bit, or maybe it's plain old "too small sample size"?

In other words, should he still be considered a top prospect for points only leagues, or is he destined to be more of a 2-way guy now? (Asking because the Pulju owner in my league has asked my if I'd be interested in acquiring him)

Thanks!
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Puljujarvi

maybe Columbus was onto something when they skipped over him? I'd take a poke to see what that GM wants for him. I wouldn't want to give up Keller, Hischier or Kaprizov for him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd take a poke to see what that GM wants for him. I wouldn't want to give up Keller, Hischier or Kaprizov for him.
    I just got an offer from him : My A.Nylander(farm), T.Jost(farm), B.Saad and O.Ekman-Larsson for his J.Puljujarvi(farm), N.Scherbak(farm), K.Hayes and J.Carlson.

I don't think I'll accept.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ya that offer is an easy pass.

I still like Pulju, and he still definitely holds value. But not for that specific offer.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

The Great One

That offer is horrendous.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That offer is really bad, don't accept that by any means!
    Keeper league - 83 500 000$ salary cap (per week) - 8 teams - set roster weekly 10F, 5D, 2G
    Points only
    Keep 23 players at the end of the season + all players on ELC

Forwards: A. Barkov, B. Boeser, M. Bourque, J. Bratt, J. Farabee, K. Fiala, A. Holtz, P. Kane, K. Kaprizov, K. Kakko, T. Konecny, P. Krebs, A. Lafrenière, D. Larkin, E. Malkin, A. Mangiapane, D. Pastrnak, J. Pelletier, J. Puljujarvi, M. Rossi, S. Stamkos, R. Thomas, M. Zibanejad

Defense: C. Addison, T. Barrie, V. Dunn, M. Rielly, B. Schneider, V. Soderstrom, J. Spence, C. York

Goalies:​ K. Kahkonen J. Oettinger, J. Saros, D. Tarasov

Dobber Sports Wizard

I definitely consider Puljujarvi a top prospect, that hasn't changed at all. He needs to make some changes to his playing style but the talent is all there. Hockey in Europe is more about long strides and carrying to puck to make beautiful plays while the North American hockey is "go, stop, go, stop, go". Puljujarvi is a great skater once he gets going but his stop-and-go skating isn't a strength for him, so that's the biggest adjustment he needs to make.

Most kids are not NHL ready at 19, so that's no reason to get worried. If Edmonton had to choose between having him in the NHL or sending him back to junior, he'd probably be on the NHL roster. If Columbus had the chance to send Dubois to the AHL for further development, I'm sure they'd do that. It's just a matter of having different rules for different prospects.

But that offer OP received is definitely horrible, no doubt about that.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys!

I ran into him today and talked about it. I told him that in the absolute best case scenario, it was a sideways move for me, so I'd probably refuse and he then withdrew his offer before I could click reject.

Dobber Sports Genius

but Kevin Hayes!!!!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    but Kevin Hayes!!!!
    I know right? Maybe if I changed Saad for Hall and added Keller...