Thread: (Trade) Garoppolo to 49ers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default (Trade) Garoppolo to 49ers

Reports are the 49ers acquired Jimmy Garoppolo from the Pats in exchange for a 2018 2nd round pick.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: (Trade) Garoppolo to 49ers

He cant be any worse than what they have put out there to this point. I am surprised they would give up a 2nd round pick for him when they were probably planning on drafting one of the elite ones coming up in this years draft in the 1st round, or signing Kirk Cousins in the offseason though. Maybe they get lucky and Garoppolo ends up being the guy they wanted all along.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I thought NE said no to Garrapalo for a 2nd to SF this summer?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Damn, hate to see the Pats move Garoppolo but he deserves a chance to start somewhere. I mean Brady has a least 5 more solid years left so no point in wasting his talent as a backup.

Dobber Sports Titan

The weirdest part of this deal is Edelman is the only guy on the Pats roster, and practice squad with passing experience besides Brady
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I thought NE said no to Garrapalo for a 2nd to SF this summer?
    I heard over the summer that NE wanted Chicago's 1st for Garrapola. NE probably could have gotten more last summer.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He cant be any worse than what they have put out there to this point. I am surprised they would give up a 2nd round pick for him when they were probably planning on drafting one of the elite ones coming up in this years draft in the 1st round, or signing Kirk Cousins in the offseason though. Maybe they get lucky and Garoppolo ends up being the guy they wanted all along.
    I was thinking the same but imagine what they can do now with a high pick. Either they use it...or they move down AGAIN and let someone else give up a ton to grab one of the big QBs.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The price was right I guess. He's not going to arrive like a knight in shining armour and have passing chemistry off the bat.
    Now SF has the option to start next year with two solid options, assuming they get the QB of their dreams in the draft.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    The price was right I guess. He's not going to arrive like a knight in shining armour and have passing chemistry off the bat.
    Now SF has the option to start next year with two solid options, assuming they get the QB of their dreams in the draft.
    The Niners were pretty high on Beathard when they drafted him so I don't think they are going to give up on him yet as far as a future option. I do like Garopplo more than what they have today though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I was thinking the same but imagine what they can do now with a high pick. Either they use it...or they move down AGAIN and let someone else give up a ton to grab one of the big QBs.

This is my line of thinking. If he checks the boxes and the 49ers sign him, they now have a premium pick in what is supposed to be a top heavy QB draft. They can get a nice haul for that pick

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    This is my line of thinking. If he checks the boxes and the 49ers sign him, they now have a premium pick in what is supposed to be a top heavy QB draft. They can get a nice haul for that pick
    Just looked up official picks.....to move down ONE SPOT last year they got pick 67, 111 last year, and a 3rd rounder this year. That's insane value.