Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Commissioner reviewing trade - is this fair?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Commissioner reviewing trade - is this fair?

I think a one year league is a great set up for new fantasy hockey GMs. Let them learn from their mistakes and hit reset with some experience to start the next season.

I wouldn't get too involved, but do let the "learning" GM know he is probably losing the deal, and let them see for themselves. It's not so lopsided it will kill the competition, that was likely done during the draft.

Administrator

Everyone hates reviews/vetoes but at the end of the day it depends on the league. Yours has newbies and you built rules around protecting them. I definitely consider this extremely lopsided. It's the type of deal that does a lot of damage to any league.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

There is a difference between someone winning (or losing) a trade, and a trade being lopsided. Although there is a clear winner, I do not see this trade as lopsided. I would not veto it.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Everyone hates reviews/vetoes but at the end of the day it depends on the league. Yours has newbies and you built rules around protecting them. I definitely consider this extremely lopsided. It's the type of deal that does a lot of damage to any league.
    Yeah, I'm not enjoying this situation. Ideally, there would be no extremely lopsided trades.

I would like to limit the damage to the league, but whether I veto or allow the trade, there are going to be upset managers. The vote was not unanimous among everyone. Although the vote did lean toward veto, it is hard for me to gauge where the voters are coming from. Genuinely think the trade is uneven, or just don't want this other manager to get Byfuglien.

I ask myself, if I didn't specify early on that I would try to protect new players, would I still consider vetoing this trade? Does it do as much damage as you say? I just don't know.

Either way, I do think I need to message the league and let them know they should do their due diligence before trading away a player. Also, where they can find prior year's stats for comparison. Beyond that, I echo the sentiment of others on these forums where I don't want to limit the control managers have on their teams.

This sucks, haha.
    1 year 10 man H2H weekly line-ups
    G (2) A (1.5) PP/SHP (1) GWG (1) SoG (.1) Hit (.05) PIM (.05) BLK (.15)
    W (3) SO (2) GA (-.5) SV (.1)

Start 2C 2LW 2RW 2F 4D 2G
    C: Crosby, Getzlaf
    LW: Benn, Rantanen
    RW: Pastrnak, M. Stone
    F: D. Sedin, Johansen
    D: Ristolainen, Krug, Hamilton, OEL
    G: Bobrovsky, Dubnyk
    Bench: J. Carter, Schenn, Leddy, Faulk, Pacioretty

Dobber Sports Apprentice

IMO, you let it go through, but ensure that the manager trading Buff watches what happens. Use it as a learning opportunity for him. In the long run he'll be better for it, and like others have said, it's a 1 year league. Hit reset next year and try again buddy! It's also not lopsided, just not the best trade.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thank you everyone for responding. It was a big help in my decision.

For those interested, I ended up allowing the trade as the vote was close enough for me to not feel comfortable disallowing it (4-3 in favour of it being lopsided).

At the same time as I approved the trade, I sent a long message to the league letting them know to put in a bit of time researching players they are dropping/trading/trading for - beyond how many fantasy points they have this year. I let them know how to find the point totals for the past two years, and if they had any questions they were free to ask me.

Overall, the league was receptive although mostly in a joking in (I got 1 "**** you Bettman" followed up by a "booooo" in good fun).

Again, thank you everyone!
    1 year 10 man H2H weekly line-ups
    G (2) A (1.5) PP/SHP (1) GWG (1) SoG (.1) Hit (.05) PIM (.05) BLK (.15)
    W (3) SO (2) GA (-.5) SV (.1)

Start 2C 2LW 2RW 2F 4D 2G
    C: Crosby, Getzlaf
    LW: Benn, Rantanen
    RW: Pastrnak, M. Stone
    F: D. Sedin, Johansen
    D: Ristolainen, Krug, Hamilton, OEL
    G: Bobrovsky, Dubnyk
    Bench: J. Carter, Schenn, Leddy, Faulk, Pacioretty