Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How far apart is McDavid from Crosby/Matthews/Kucherov etc

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: How far apart is McDavid from Crosby/Matthews/Kucherov etc

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    That's fair I suppose on the same logic. I would also say Matthews doesn't belong in that case. Not yet anyway. I'm still higher on Eichel than I am on Matthews in points leagues.
    Fair enough. MAtthews posts one of the most dominant rookie seasons in recent memory... right up at the top of the league in goalie scored falling short on assists. Eichel hopefully plays a full season this year so we can really compare the two, but all we have from him is an average rookie year and an injury plagued sophomore year. So hard to compare them. But you and I will get along fine as I wouldn?t trade my MAtthews for Eichel while I expect you to keep a Eichel over MAtthews.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I personally think McDavid and Matthews are closer than even I would have thought a year ago. One is a better skater and one is a better shooter.
    But Matthews is not over-hyped at all. Marner was and still is to some degree - I'd concede that.
    Some were even suggesting Marner might be better than Auston, which is crayzee.

McDavid and Matthews will be 1-2 in scoring some day, and not necessarily in that order. And Edm/Tor should be a cup final matchup within the next 3 seasons...

edit: Of the 4, Kucherov is the biggest sell high, and the one I'd be most worried about. Chemistry can do beautiful things out there, but chemistry fades (and/or other teams adjust their D to you). Just ask Jonathon Cheechoo.
    OMG, did you just compare Kucherov to Cheechoo?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by tictactao View Post
    Matthews scores 40 goals as a rookie and say he's over hyped, yet Eichel is still in higher regard, I think there's more hype around McDavid as 100 pt per year player than anything, his linemates are gross besides Draisatl which probably won't be with him much besides the powerplay
    ditto ... lets see by how many points Conner beats out Matthews, I dont see there will be gaping wide spread between them. For sure McDavid was a tougher task as every team zones their game plan to stop him - Leafs talent is more evenly distributed.

PS I'd do Marner for OEL deal if it is really there for the leafs! GoLeafsGO. Mtl Cdns - WTF is with Carey Price?
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't think there is much of a difference between Mcdavid and Matthews tbh. McDavid can't win a faceoff. 1-9, 3-5, 6-8 in his last three games.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

That's fair I suppose on the same logic. I would also say Matthews doesn't belong in that case. Not yet anyway. I'm still higher on Eichel than I am on Matthews in points leagues.
    Still higher on demoted to 3rd line Eichel than Mr Matthews?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Kabonov View Post
    I think Axe is on point with his evaluation as well.

I love Mathews being from Toronto as well but the HYPE is insane! Yes he is the best Leaf (Skill wise) but honestly that doesn't mean that much.
    Until he puts up consecutive 75-80+pts seasons (under his belt) he's still a 65-75pt guy

Can't compare him likes of Sid or McDavid. Even with his slow start McDavid will probably out point Mathews this season.
    If you can sell Mathews high now is the time!

If Kucherov stays healthy for the full season (Which I highly doubt) He could come close to point per game. But I think he'll miss some time.
    I don't necessarily agree with this assessment. Too harsh on Mathews . I would love to own him !! due to age difference , I definitely would take him over Crosby and he's not that far behind McDavid IMO . I also would not trade my Kucherov for Crosby .
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Still higher on demoted to 3rd line Eichel than Mr Matthews?
    Short answer is yes... 1 power play point,that wont last. Both are still kids and will go through some struggles.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Short answer is yes... 1 power play point,that wont last. Both are still kids and will go through some struggles.
    I know. Just an opportunistic jab from a happy Matthews owner.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

according to an article I read today Mcdavid had exactly 18 points more than Matthews through their first 100 games in the NHL, point being that they are not as far apart as McDavid owners would like to think. Mathews will always be the better goal scorer for the duration of his career. But McDavid will always get you more assists and PPP. If offered McDavid for Matthews I wouldn't hesitate for a second.
    10 team, H2H, keep 10 + 1 player designated NA, Yahoo league, Daily changes.
    G, A, PPP, SOG, GWG, +-, SHP, PIM, BLK
    GS, W, L, SVPC, GAA, SHO
    C C C RW RW RW LW LW LW D D D D UTIL UTIL (no goalies) GOALIE GOALIE BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH IR IR NA