Thread: Potential trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Potential trade

I recently found out sergachev is available. I definately covet him. My defense is all ready pretty strong with s.jones, werenzki, troubda, provorov, leddy and hanifin as my starting 6.

I'm defending champ, with a very young team. My average team age was about 23 last year.

It's a fantrax league with generated salaries every 2 years and a $315 cap.

The trade offer I'm thinking of making is as follows, Seth Jones and Sam steel for sergachev,heiskanen and a first.

The trade will open me up about $8 in cap space that I could really use. And the swap of heiskanen and steel I believe will be in my favour. Steel isn't producing in junior quite like last year with out Adam Brooks. Plus the first rounder is pretty valuable being we are only a 12 team league with 12 keepers per year.

I have done quite a few trades with this gm before and actually pulled a similar deal last year trading him seguin and pulock for eichel, werenzki and a first.

I know I will take a bit of a hit with sergachev, probably about 1 fantasy point per game I'm estimating. But the cap relief, first rounder and snagging heiskanen I figure is worth it.

Looking for honest opinions....

Default Re: Potential trade

I also believe with that $8 in cap I can leverage it to cover any deficit in fantasy points per game between sergachev and Jones.....

Dobber Sports Master

The salary bonus for you makes me think this deal is good for you in the long run.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Yeah I know I'm giving up a little this year. But I truly believe they will be comparable players in the end. The cap relief this season helps and I think heiskanen is a serious upgrade on steel. Add in the first and I think it serves me well for this year and the future.

My one concern is that they decide to send sergachev down before 40 game mark to preserve a year before he hits Ufa and to ensure the 2nd round conditional pick from MTL. But my gut feels despite those benefits for the team to do so they are in win now mode and will want to keep him up. Also I think he has already proven there isn't really anything left for him to learn at junior level. I would be more concerned if he was AHL eligible but he isnt