Thread: Crosby - Keller in a keep 10 cap pool

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Arrow Crosby - Keller in a keep 10 cap pool

We do an auction draft for players every year. Roto pool tracking G, A, PPP, Hits, PIMs, Shots and +/-. You get them for 3 years and can extend them for additional salary at the start of year 3. I want Keller and have Crosby. We have 4 Center spots (which Keller is listed as) and keep up to 10 of our 21 players.

Here's the situation:

Crosby on the last year of his contract on my team. No chance to extend him. $39 salary for reference.

vs

Keller on year 1 of his contract with a salary of $1. If I were to acquire him, I'd extend him after year 2 for another 2-4 years depending on how he turns out for a total of 4-6 years on my team.

Clearly, trading Crosby for Keller in this situation at the trade deadline is almost a certainty assuming the other GM would do it (unlikely). The question is, at what point during the season does it make sense for me to make this trade to maximize my value? I'm currently sitting in 2nd place and have a team that should make the money (top 4 spots). I'm considering doing the offer sooner than later since the dropoff from Crosby to Keller may hurt but getting Keller for a dream salary for years may make it worth it. Thoughts?
    CBS 15 Team Dynasty League (keep 4)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(1), SHP(2), DG(+2), DA(+0.5)
    W(5), S(.1), GA(-1), SO(5), OTL/SOL(2.5)

Dress weekly: 6 FW, 3 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Stamkos, Kucherov, Arvidsson, Hischier, Atkinson, Keller, Bjork, Stepan, E. Lindholm

Defense: Karlsson, Klefbom, Ekblad, Dumba, Montour
    Goal: Talbot, Elliott

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Crosby - Keller in a keep 10 cap pool

I wouldn't do it. Keller is flying high but still a rookie. To me if you can finish in the money you go all in and keep Crosby. Worry about later
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Crosby - Keller in a keep 10 cap pool

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    I wouldn't do it. Keller is flying high but still a rookie. To me if you can finish in the money you go all in and keep Crosby. Worry about later
    I think he has Keller, so you would be saying take the deal for Crosby if you can fit his salary.
    What I am wondering, is if you could shop Keller around for someone like a Sequin + Backstrom combo. That could get you maybe a year or two extra with Seguin/Backstrom or other, and still load you up for the win this year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)