Thread: Phaneuf + for D.Strome +

The Magnificent One

Default Phaneuf + for D.Strome +

Trade:

I give: phaneuf and Emil Pattersson
    I get: D.Strome and 2nd round pick 2019 entry draft

This is for team in sig and just entered a rebuild this summer ripping most of my team apart. Thinking this is a must accept??? I acquired stronger wingers but didn't focus on center.

That 2019 pick will be a middle rounder and I might try to swap it for a 2nd rounder in 2018. However I have 5 picks in the first 2 rounders already next year so spreading the picks might be helpful.

What do you think? For context our prospects can be moved up and down nightly and freely until they reach 136 Gp in NHL. Mightn't bring more value to pattersson who I think can be a 3rd liner next year
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Phaneuf + for D.Strome +

In an 18 team, non cap league with 6D started and hits/blks counted, Phaneuf isn't devoid of value. That being said, it depends on if you're thinking that you're buying Strome low, or if you think he's not actually going to pan out as expected.

Are there other prospects that the other owner owns who may be a little more of a sure thing for your rebuild?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    In an 18 team, non cap league with 6D started and hits/blks counted, Phaneuf isn't devoid of value. That being said, it depends on if you're thinking that you're buying Strome low, or if you think he's not actually going to pan out as expected.

Are there other prospects that the other owner owns who may be a little more of a sure thing for your rebuild?
    Awesome questions and I'm not a huge fan of strome and not sure what he can do but figuring he is a top end prospect maybe worth rolling the dice? As for other guys on his team he has lindholm, aho, domi but I asked and don't think they will be moved in this deal
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Titan

Good that you're asking about other options anyways. If the other owner is selling Strome that low, then play on the fact that he has lost faith, and get a little sweetener tossed in.
    Strome's stock can only go up now, whether it's with a call up, or in September next year. At that point you can decide if you want to shop him for a better return, or keep him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If your rebuilding I would definately roll the dice. Although I'm a bit concerned Strome has yet to crack the roster on a weak Phoenix team 3rd time around.

But really the risk is definately the worth the reward. Phaneuf isn't a huge loss and the 2nd rounder is a good hedge against the prospect your giving up.

I would go for it.