Thread: Brees v. Ryan - Rest of Season

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Brees v. Ryan - Rest of Season

Hello,

I lost my QB this week and a couple teams have been hoarding QBs. Brees and Ryan are both available.

Who would you rather have rest of season?

Brees is the better QB, but Ryan has a way better matchup, especially for playoff weeks 14-16.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Brees v. Ryan - Rest of Season

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Hello,

I lost my QB this week and a couple teams have been hoarding QBs. Brees and Ryan are both available.

Who would you rather have rest of season?

Brees is the better QB, but Ryan has a way better matchup, especially for playoff weeks 14-16.
    What is your record??

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    What is your record??
    4-3. And I own the tie breaker right now by 85 points.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

I prefer Brees here. Assuming you don't play Week 17....only 3 road games left. I know you said Atlanta has a better playoff schedule and I guess that's because they play TB in Week 15, but right now I think Brees playing Atlanta is a much better matchup than Ryan playing NO. Add in the home field advantage that Brees will have over 4 more "fantasy regular season" home games...and I go him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Falcons haven't looked the same under Steve Sarkisian and they are missing Shanahan greatly. He sprinkled fairy dust on Matt Ryan with the way he called the play. Add some Superbowl hangover in there and its tough to play Matt Ryan until there's some consistency shown across the field for the Falcons. 7 TDs and 6 pics. No thanks. I would wait and see on him.

Give me Brees here. I know it's a small sample size, but he had a 125.9 passer rating during that comeback against the Packers in then second half of the game, granted after a really rough start. Willie Snead should return to give Brees another weapon as well.

Brees for now - wait on Ryan.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Veteran

Brees for me too, for many of the same reasons the posters above me said.

Ryan caught lightning in a bottle last year, and was significantly overvalued as a result coming into this season. Brees is slowing down a tad, but the Saints offense is still designed to flow with the ball in Brees' hands. I think the Falcons would much prefer to lean on their franchise back and high-end 1B as much as possible.

Ryan will have his games, but I'd expect Brees to be more consistent and outproduce Ryan in the end.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Thanks all,

The owner of Wentz just put his name on the block... It would be similar price as Ryan, cheaper then Brees.

Wentz has San Fran, Denver then bye week. Should I invest in him at a similar price as Ryan or pay a premium for Brees.

Wentz/Ryan negotiations have me giving up Mariota and Darkawa/Landry

Brees negotiations have me giving up Mariota and McKinnon/Arron Jones.

Dobber Sports Padawan

This changes things for me. I would go Wentz here, especially if he's cheaper. He's been absolutely en fuego. That TD pass to Clement to defeat the pass rush was exciting. He can scramble. He can long bomb. 17 touchdown passes!
    I like the Wentz deal better. Aaron Jones' snaps should be going up. And I'm viewing McKinnon a top 15ish back. And although cleared, it remains to be seen if Landry is punished by the NFL for breaking it's domestic abuse policy...for whatever that's worth. I do like Darkwa and what he's doing, but you need a QB, and I think Wentz is the safer deal.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BealestreetTyrant View Post
    This changes things for me. I would go Wentz here, especially if he's cheaper. He's been absolutely en fuego. That TD pass to Clement to defeat the pass rush was exciting. He can scramble. He can long bomb. 17 touchdown passes!
    I like the Wentz deal better. Aaron Jones' snaps should be going up. And I'm viewing McKinnon a top 15ish back. And although cleared, it remains to be seen if Landry is punished by the NFL for breaking it's domestic abuse policy...for whatever that's worth. I do like Darkwa and what he's doing, but you need a QB, and I think Wentz is the safer deal.
    Agree. I'll take Wentz and some savings over Brees.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov