Thread: Moving Malkin

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Moving Malkin

I have Malkin in a large (31 teams) dynasty league [no cap] and I'm wanting to move him. I have basically dismantled my team for a rebuild and Malkin is the only large piece left (him and Pietrangelo). I've received an offer of:

Matthew Tkachuk, Olli Maatta, Jacob Larsson and three 1st round rookie draft picks (top-2, 10-12 range and 23-28 range) for Malkin

I'm finding it hard to decide on how I value the prospects and honestly cannot tell if I'm being massively ripped off or if it is quite a good deal--I keep going back and forth. Are the top-2 players in this year's draft going to be really great players, do you think? I know it is a big guessing game, but I have heard this draft is similar to the 2015 draft. Should I take a stab at them and pull the trigger? Note that Tkachuk, Larsson and the picks don't have to take up a roster spot until their 125th game.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Moving Malkin

Maatta is not much of a piece here, and Larsson may be better as a real player (less so in fantasy). Take them both off and get a bigger prospect/young player added on.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)