Thread: Marner

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Marner

Marner just got dropped, and I first I could not believe it. But I see he is buried on the 4th line and struggling on D. My question, is he buried in Babcocks doghouse and that combined with the possible sophomore jinx put him in the hands off catagory? Or since I am light on centers and young keepers is he worth a roll?
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Marner

I think he's worth taking a gamble on. All of what you said above could be true, but the kid is also skilled enough that he can find his way out of the doghouse.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

I owned Marner in my one year and took him again this year. Frustrating to see him buried on the fourth line - but I don't think it lasts. Just tough love from the Babcock. IMO he's too talented to keep down for long - and he needs to be utilized with other skilled players. Anyhow, I'm not anywhere close to worrying about cutting bait on him at this point. If you have room, I'd give him a roll, for sure. Buy low.
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier
    D: S Jones, Werenski, DeAngelo, Hamilton
    G: Husso, Raanta

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

Dobber Sports Titan

He's worth the add. I would drop Larkin for him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's a bummer so far. Limited powerplay opportunities as well. Can't last though. And if it does, it's a lesson to learn some fourth line grit. His talent should be able to shine through on any line, just the points will take a hit.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Monster

From what I've seen his useage on the PP has been fairly normal. Last game was a bit off 'cause the Sens barely took a penalty.

Marner won't be kept on the 4th line for long. It doesn't seem to be working for him. Not entirely sure the intent of the demotion whether a strategy to spread out the scoring or a punishment for poor defensive play (or both?). He hasn't really been a pure 4th liner in these games due to him getting PP time and routinely getting thrown onto different lines (He was put with AM and WN in the last minute of the 2nd). I am not worried. Not yet at least.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think it'll take a bit of struggle in Toronto to get him off that 4th line. I'm sure they'll hit a patch of 2-3 losses or a lack of scoring and he'll be right back on that second line.

Happened with Nylander last year, but I think Marner won't need the rest of the season to take back his rightful spot.
    1 year 10 man H2H weekly line-ups
    G (2) A (1.5) PP/SHP (1) GWG (1) SoG (.1) Hit (.05) PIM (.05) BLK (.15)
    W (3) SO (2) GA (-.5) SV (.1)

Start 2C 2LW 2RW 2F 4D 2G
    C: Crosby, Getzlaf
    LW: Benn, Rantanen
    RW: Pastrnak, M. Stone
    F: D. Sedin, Johansen
    D: Ristolainen, Krug, Hamilton, OEL
    G: Bobrovsky, Dubnyk
    Bench: J. Carter, Schenn, Leddy, Faulk, Pacioretty